• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More job losses due to Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More job losses due to Brexit?

Deutsche Bank could cut up to 20,000 jobs - BBC News

I mean this is caused by Brexit right?

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Well if it isn't, then why did you post it in this sub-forum?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It may not be caused by Brexit, but as most job losses are thought to be in London and NY, Brexit does seem to be influencing where the job losses will come from. Notice how, even though they're a German bank there is no mention of significant losses from German operations.

Without Brexit the London jobs may have been more secure. With Brexit, DB will be better served protecting EU based jobs.

But of course you understand this. I mean, you can't really be that dumb, can you, not to see the impact of Brexit
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You guys seem a bit tetchy this morning, did you not sleep well?

I was just asking like.

[emoji849]

Comment

I was just asking like.

[emoji849]
          Tetchy? Nope. You couldn't wind me up pal. Said it so many times, CUK is entertainment for me, I come on here to have fun

Sometimes I think it would be nice if the likes of you could get some education (and I know others do try to help you with this) but actually I prefer you the way you are. Much more fun for me to see your stupid posts - such entertainment - keep it up

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I was just asking like.

[emoji849]
            After three years we have yet to hear from you about any tangible benefits from leaving the EU. Please name one.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              After three years we have yet to hear from you about any tangible benefits from leaving the EU. Please name one.
              Upcoming break up of Tory Scum party, hopefully Liebour too.

That’s about it

Comment

Deutsche Bank did this a couple of years ago, as soon as they announced it I got offered 2 contracts with them
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Serves them right for lending money to Trump, who’d otherwise be long in jail

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    It may not be caused by Brexit, but as most job losses are thought to be in London and NY, Brexit does seem to be influencing where the job losses will come from. Notice how, even though they're a German bank there is no mention of significant losses from German operations.

Without Brexit the London jobs may have been more secure. With Brexit, DB will be better served protecting EU based jobs.

But of course you understand this. I mean, you can't really be that dumb, can you, not to see the impact of Brexit

yeah the thickies are out again, can't even read

The 20,000 job cuts would be equivalent to a fifth of the company's global workforce.With almost 8,000 staff, London is the home of its biggest investment operations.
                    Deutsche Bank has been struggling for years with the decline of its investment bank and has made several attempts to revamp its business.
                    It is thought that the latest plan will be the most ambitious so far and it has already prompted the resignation of one top executive.
                    On Friday, the bank announced that its head of investment banking, Garth Ritchie, was leaving.
                    Shares in the firm have fallen by a quarter over the last year. Last month they fell below €6 a share, but have recovered a little since then, and on Friday closed at €7.17.

yep a german bank who have to trade mostly in London.

Hmm I suppose it does have some similarities with the EU. There seems to be a lot of corruption going on.

Deutsche Bank headquarters raided over money laundering - BBC News

The Frankfurt headquarters of Deutsche Bank have been raided by prosecutors in a money laundering investigation.Germany's public prosecutor alleged that two staff members have helped clients launder money from criminal activities.
                    Police cars were seen outside the tower blocks that house the headquarters of Germany's biggest bank.
                    Five other Deutsche offices in the city were searched in an operation involving about 170 police and officials.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X