• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leading Forecaster expects Pound to rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leading Forecaster expects Pound to rise

The Market seems bullish on the pound. They usually get it right.

Leading Forecaster Expects Pound to Climb 6% By End of 2019

One of the pound’s most accurate forecasters is also one of the most bullish on the currency, predicting a rebound on expectations that Britain will miss the latest deadline for leaving the European Union.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The Market seems bullish on the pound. They usually get it right.

Leading Forecaster Expects Pound to Climb 6% By End of 2019

Personally I always see a strong pound as a bad sign.

I also agree that the UK will not leave on 31st October. In fact I can never see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I also agree that the UK will not leave on 31st October. In fact I can never see it happening.
      sshh don't tell anyone !
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

They don't have the numbers. Only way it can happen is for Johnson to immediately call a GE and hope to win a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          They don't have the numbers. Only way it can happen is for Johnson to immediately call a GE and hope to win a majority.
          31st Oct is in law already, voted by large majority - those muppets should have thought first before voting for it in absence of approved deal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            31st Oct is in law already, voted by large majority - those muppets should have thought first before voting for it in absence of approved deal
            31st MNarch was the same. That got missed...

Comment

It requires PM to put extension to vote - plus EU to agree one, won’t be happening

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Has any Tory PM tried that in the last 3 years?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

indeed, but Boris doesn't care nor does he have a plan. He will simply float around in the breeze and do whatever it takes to keep in Nr. 10 as long as possible.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Even if it would climb 6% it's still at 1.17 against the Euro, which is way lower then it was before the Referendum
                    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Working...
                    X