• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Out of options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of options

Parliament out of options to stop no-deal Brexit, says Letwin | Politics | The Guardian

There is always the vote of no confidence. And who knows what Speaker Bercow may pull out of the hat?

Still, the collapse in sterling will be great for exports.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      There is always the vote of no confidence. And who knows what Speaker Bercow may pull out of the hat?

Still, the collapse in sterling will be great for exports.
      1 GBP = 1.12293 EUR at the moment
      too bad Uk has nothing substantial left to export

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        There is always the vote of no confidence.
        Quite a few commentators are saying, if BoJo wins, he'll call a snap GE with no-deal in the manifesto.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
          Quite a few commentators are saying, if BoJo wins, he'll call a snap GE with no-deal in the manifesto.
          He knows if he tries to hang on for October 31st his hand may be forced, so he will be thinking about going for it. Dominic Rieve will definitely vote to bring the government down, it only takes a handful of rebels.

be afraid

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            $484 billion trade exports last year. Can't be arsed looking up services but a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              $484 billion trade exports last year. Can't be arsed looking up services but a lot.
              How much of that was with countries where we had a trade deal other than WTO?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                How much of that was with countries where we had a trade deal other than WTO?
                UK exports to the EU were £274 billion

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  We could always try and export you. I'd pay the import tariff at the other end myself. There must be loads of potential takers. Not...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    We could always try and export you. I'd pay the import tariff at the other end myself. There must be loads of potential takers. Not...
                    Your typical friendly brexidiot racist

Comment

Working...
                    X