• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halloween it is then.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Buried within the smug, patronising, condescending, hysterical, churlish, hyperbole that is your stock-in-trade.

HTH

So you can't point it out either. No surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      You voted to 'leave', but you didn't vote for 'how' to leave.In fact, pre referendum the leave campaign, including your nicotine stained frog god Farage, all said we would stay in the SM. This versio of 'leave' is on offer but the brexstremists are saying this is not now what they want and idiots who voted out are falling for the lies (again).

So no, your vote wasn't ignored. You're being offered what you voted for. But you're being greedy and asking for more; this is backfiring and it's making you angry and gammon-like

Get over it ... you won

Huh? The government has not implemented a Brexit remaining in the single market. Instead they and the Yvette Cooper MPs have kept us as a member of the EU past the date at which we should have left.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Triggering Article 50 and negotiating a withdrawal agreement is not ignoring the vote, is it?
      Well OK maybe "ignored" is the wrong word then. "Willfully denied and rejected" might be a better expression perhaps.

Comment

Shame it wasn’t November the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Buried within the smug, patronising, condescending, hysterical, churlish, hyperbole that is your stock-in-trade.

HTH

I thought that was me you label with these traits
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            Huh? The government has not implemented a Brexit remaining in the single market. Instead they and the Yvette Cooper MPs have kept us as a member of the EU past the date at which we should have left.
            Why do you think there’s a date that we “should” have left by? Isn’t it more important to get the exit right for the country, no matter how long it takes?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              Why do you think there’s a date that we “should” have left by? Isn’t it more important to get the exit right for the country, no matter how long it takes?
              There is no right exit or wrong exit.

I want one vote - stay or leave. Then just get on with it.

Though being a smaller country requires nimbleness. Something severly lacking in Westminster. Until we get a better dfrop of politicians, I vote we stay.

On second thoughts, if we have a Canadian BoE governor, could we pay for a decent Prime Minister? How about Barnier - even Farage has expressed his admiration for him many times.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                There is no right exit or wrong exit.
                If that were true we wouldn’t be having these arguments in Parliament. Clearly some of our MPs (such as the ERG) feel that there is a wrong type of exit, otherwise they would have voted for the Withdrawal Agreement.

I want one vote - stay or leave. Then just get on with it.
                We all got the first part (well, most of us - Brits more than 15 years out didn’t because they’re no longer British enough, EU citizens living in the UK more than 15 years didn’t because they’re still not British enough...). They’re doing the second part. The issue appears to be the discrepancy between the public’s perception of how long it should take, and how long it will actually take.

Perhaps if the public hasn’t been lied to by the arch Brexiters telling them how easy it was all going to be, we would have more reasonable expectations of how long the process should take.

Comment

If that were true we wouldn’t be having these arguments in Parliament. Clearly some of our MPs (such as the ERG) feel that there is a wrong type of exit, otherwise they would have voted for the Withdrawal Agreement.

We all got the first part (well, most of us - Brits more than 15 years out didn’t because they’re no longer British enough, EU citizens living in the UK more than 15 years didn’t because they’re still not British enough...). They’re doing the second part. The issue appears to be the discrepancy between the public’s perception of how long it should take, and how long it will actually take.

Perhaps if the public hasn’t been lied to by the arch Brexiters telling them how easy it was all going to be, we would have more reasonable expectations of how long the process should take.
                  The ERG are idiots. Corbyn just wants his hands on power.

The vote I want is in parliament. How difficult is it to leave with no deal?

I always thought the only reason to stay in the EU was the difficulty of leaving.

Westminster is such a disaster now. I would take Brussels over them every time after what has happened the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The ERG are idiots. Corbyn just wants his hands on power.

The vote I want is in parliament. How difficult is it to leave with no deal?

I always thought the only reason to stay in the EU was the difficulty of leaving.

Westminster is such a disaster now. I would take Brussels over them every time after what has happened the last 2 years.
                    Your elected representative has had their vote in Parliament. Multiple times.

It’s not difficult at all to leave with no deal. The issue is whether or not the country both understands and is prepared for the consequences, and whether or not our elected representatives are prepared for that responsibility. Opinion in Parliament is split, but on balance they are not prepared to exit with No Deal.

(Note: one of the consequences is that as soon as the U.K. requests to open trade talks with the EU, the first request from the EU will be for the three main strands of the WA to be settled. Therefore, it’s pretty pointless to leave with No Deal)

Comment

Your elected representative has had their vote in Parliament. Multiple times.

It’s not difficult at all to leave with no deal. The issue is whether or not the country both understands and is prepared for the consequences, and whether or not our elected representatives are prepared for that responsibility. Opinion in Parliament is split, but on balance they are not prepared to exit with No Deal.

(Note: one of the consequences is that as soon as the U.K. requests to open trade talks with the EU, the first request from the EU will be for the three main strands of the WA to be settled. Therefore, it’s pretty pointless to leave with No Deal)
                      Thanks to Yvette Fielding and those MPs that voted with her it is almost impossible for the UK to leave with no deal. Only the EU can grant us that now. The problem parliament has is that everyone wants their version of Brexit and no one is willing to compromise. You are see that now from the Labour Tory Brexit talks. labour are complaining that May will not move from the WA and Labour will not move from their Customs Union and free Movement stance. It's madness. We will never leave the EU, the MPs in parliament will see to that. The referendum result will never be respected. It is impossible to leave the EU. The EU holds all the cards. We should hang the white flag from the cliffs of Dover and ditch the pound and enter the Schengen now! Its the only deal that will pass through parliament.

Comment

Working...
                      X