• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halloween it is then.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    OK, since you seem to need to simplify things, lets walk through the process so far.

We decided that we wanted to leave the EU Club. We told the EU this by invoking Article 50. The EU agreed with Mrs. May that we would leave the club on an agreed set of terms intended to make it as easy as possible for all concerned. This was referred to as the Withdrawl Agreement, or "The Deal". If that didn't work we would leave with no agreement in place, or "No Deal".

Some MP's in the UK think "The Deal" is a good idea. Most don't.
    Some MP's in the UK think we should just leave with "No Deal". Most don't.
    Some MP's in the UK think we shouldn't leave at all. Most don't.

MP's in the UK have so far failed to agree just how we will leave The Club, with or without a deal.

Now we have invoked Article 50 we can walk out of the EU at any point with "No Deal", The EU cannot stop that. The only thing stopping that is the MP's in the UK who don't want it. Which is most of them.

We could also decide to remain in the club. We can revoke Article 50 and withdraw the decision to leave. The EU cannot stop that either. The only thing stopping that is the MP's in the UK who don't want it. Which is most of them.
    These are all facts. And my conclusion is we are better off with Brussels than Westminster.

Comment

At least it means that minestrone can get his party poppers out of storage and have that party of his again, just in fancy dress next time.

Will he go as Theresa May though?
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X