• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is a NO Deal still possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a NO Deal still possible?

My dream of a no deal seemed to be faltering but a glimmer of hope has risen that it may still be possible to leave the EU.

What do you think? Is it still possible that we can finally get what 17 million people voted for, a proper Brexit?

Have you noticed that the EU are starting to sweat a bit now, getting all cranky and insulting, is this the start of the end of the EU?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My dream of a no deal seemed to be faltering but a glimmer of hope has risen that it may still be possible to leave the EU.

What do you think? Is it still possible that we can finally get what 17 million people voted for, a proper Brexit?

Have you noticed that the EU are starting to sweat a bit now, getting all cranky and insulting, is this the start of the end of the EU?
    No, HTH.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It’s always been possible to leave the EU. The question Brexiters have struggled with has always been “how do we want to leave”.

Nobody voted for No Deal. The Withdrawal Agreement satisfies the referendum result.

No, and no.

They’ve been remarkably calm over three years of U.K. insults (some would say 40 years).

Brexit has many lessons for other EU member states, but “arguing amongst ourselves for two years and then leaving without a plan” is not one of them.

Comment

The markets usually get it right. The Brexit betrayal is imminent:

Goldman Sachs predict a surge in the pound as a Soft Brexit with or without a confirmatory referendum as the most likely outcome
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Goldman Sucks never lie™

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            If you don’t know who the patsy is, you’re the patsy.

Comment

Let's hope not, it would be very disappointing to lose no deal so near to the deadline.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                It’s always been possible to leave the EU. The question REMAINERS have struggled with has always been “how do we want to leave”.

Nobody voted for No Deal. The Withdrawal Agreement satisfies the referendum result.
                You're spokesperson for the 17.4m? Well, you're wrong on both counts.

Comment

No deal is still the default if either UK can't decide on a way forward or EU decide not to allow a further extension.

That is why May is playing a game of bluff with both sides of remainer and brexiteer MPs, trying to get her deal approved by those not wanting no deal or no brexit.

Apparently both EU and UK have prepared for no deal, the UK by spending billions though not sure what on, extra deep pockets for the shysters?

Imagine if the thing is punted down the road by another few years as they are scared of no deal and can't agree on anything else.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Of course it's still possible. Contrary to the leave lies, we have full control of leaving the EU and can crash out when we want and the EU can't stop us. Equally, the EU can finally lose patience with us and refuse to extend A50 any further and force a crash out given we don't have the maturity to agree a deal within parliament.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X