• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ayes to the right 286 Noes to the left 344

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can unilaterally revoke until midnight (EU time) on 12th April.

Comment

Originally posted by zerosum View Post
      If we agree to organise EU elections and there is a reason -- general election, referendum, softer Brexit -- the EU will not throw Ireland under the bus.
      None of which have been able to muster a majority of support in parliament.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We can unilaterally revoke until midnight (EU time) on 12th April.
        Won't happen. No party is going to do that, it would be political suicide. The only way for it to happen is for there to be another referendum, with a Remain majority, and that's already been voted down.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          None of which have been able to muster a majority of support in parliament.
          GE hasn't been tried, and would surely pass. It's one of the scenarios Macron indicated.

Monday will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Won't happen. No party is going to do that, it would be political suicide. The only way for it to happen is for there to be another referendum, with a Remain majority, and that's already been voted down.
            Most eventualities we're currently experiencing were viewed as impossible at one point. Go back a couple of months and May's deal was certain to pass and there was absolutely no way the 29th March would be delayed. How many times did May say we would leave on 29th March?

If it got to midnight and it was revoke or an accidental no deal thumpingly rejected by parliament numerous times, I would not bet against revoke (unless one of the real lunatics has become PM by then). But we're still a considerable distance from that point.

Comment

GE hasn't been tried, and would surely pass. It's one of the scenarios Macron indicated.

Monday will be interesting.
              For a GE to happen either: the DUP need to vote with the opposition in a vote of no confidence, which wont happen, or; May needs to call a snap election, and we know how well that went for the Conservatives last time.

Comment

The difficulty is, if there is a majority for one of these other options in the votes next Monday it will have to be a Labour supported plan. It would be impossible for the government to implement that. That means a no confidence vote is almost inevitable. I can't see the government going for an alternative deal.

The only viable option is a GE.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Have they voted on the Martial law option yet?

Comment

Bring in the Marxist! I'm Short on the housing market, need a proper full doom collapse...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How many times did May say we would leave on 29th March?
                      108 times in Parliament I believe although I'm not too sure if her lips were moving or not...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X