• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit day March 29th was written into Law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit day March 29th was written into Law

Wasn't it? Has it been redacted? Is parliament about to break the law?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

The 29th March is no more, it was voted through last night.

The new date is 12th April.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Whose law? And do you mean Brexit Day, or Exit Day?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        International Law trumps UK Law. International Law has already changed the date as per the EU dates. UK Law caught up last night.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Obviously I can't keep up.

Back to me Brexitcast podcast.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In the first scenario, that is, if the withdrawal agreement is passed by the House of Commons next week, the European council agrees to an extension until the 22nd of May.

In the second scenario, that is, if the withdrawal agreement is not approved by the House of Commons next week, the European council agrees to an extension until the 12th of April, while expecting the United Kingdom to indicate a way forward. What this means in practice is that, until that date, all options will remain open, and the cliff-edge date will be delayed.

The UK government will still have a choice of a deal, no-deal, a long extension or revoking article 50.

So, if the WA does not pass tomorrow, a long article 50 extension would still be an option, provided the UK takes part in the European elections.

If the UK were to pass the deal after tomorrow, but before 12 April (the last date for deciding that the UK will participate in the European elections), it is conceivable that the EU could revive the 22 May deadline, but that is not certain.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X