• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unbelievable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    At least they had some sort of education, albeit an expensive one. Why do you have a problem with Etonians? Is you just prejudiced against people wiv much monee?

Just curious.
    If only education and money were the riders, the country would be run by scientists, engineers, and businesspeople.

Instead of an education, their money has purchased entitlement and cronyism.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      If only education and money were the riders, the country would be run by scientists, engineers, and businesspeople.

Who are all far too smart to get involved in politics...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Person View Post
        At least they had some sort of education, albeit an expensive one. Why do you have a problem with Etonians? Is you just prejudiced against people wiv much monee?

Just curious.
        I'd have to be prejudiced against myself. I've nothing against private education, nor Eton.

As well as an education, their money has purchased entitlement and cronyism.
        FTFY.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Since when did you see a rich (in comparative terms to the Etonians we are referencing) scientist or engineer. Very few scientists or engineers have any real interest in business or politics. Most are too occupied with doing what they love doing and are good at. Engineers are born and not created in to education establishment. There is a certain thinking required to be either a good scientist or engineer and that thinking is not consistent with business or political thinking. Scientists and engineers minds work differently, some might say slightly autisticly, to that required to be a good politician or businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            Since when did you see a rich (in comparative terms to the Etonians we are referencing) scientist or engineer. Very few scientists or engineers have any real interest in business or politics. Most are too occupied with doing what they love doing and are good at. Engineers are born and not created in to education establishment. There is a certain thinking required to be either a good scientist or engineer and that thinking is not consistent with business or political thinking. Scientists and engineers minds work differently, some might say slightly autisticly, to that required to be a good politician or businessman.
            My fault for putting an ‘and’ in there.

As you’ve preciously demonstrated, you’re quite happy to be put in your place by the Eton toffs, so need for you to clarify further.

Comment

My fault for putting an ‘and’ in there.

As you’ve preciously demonstrated, you’re quite happy to be put in your place by the Eton toffs, so need for you to clarify further.
              Since when did an Eton toff put me in my place? You do talk some BS. I am a very successful, and well respected throughout the UK, Engineer am very happy and content and proud of what I have done to further the technology development of the UK. I have but a passing interest in politics. I have my own views on what policies might be good for this country, but it is by no means a complete buinsess plan for the country as a whole. However, what I will say is that my views on what might be good for this country do not align with any one political party in this country. There are some good bit (in my opinion) from Labour, e.g. nationalisation of our national infrastructure, and the conservatives.

The biggest problem with the social infrastructure in the UK, and possibly western world, is our love of the celebrity. Fuelled by the media. When someone can explain to me why a footballer should be paid more than a senior exec of a medium to large organisation in the UK then I might just start to get the celebrity culture. I have no problem with top sportsmen and women being paid a premium for what they do and the sacrifices they have to make to reach to top of their game, but it is , and has been for many years now, out of hand. If you go into any school in the UK and ask the pupils what they want to be, many will tell you that they want to be a celebrity and appear on Love Island or Big Brother. Celebrity is not a career option.

Rant over (for now)

Comment

Working...
              X