• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we change the voting rules before any new referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you don't think your source is slightly biased in favour of Churchill?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You must excuse Whorty. This is just his latest attempt at moral self-flagellation, involving as it does a rather abstract extrapolation of the realities.

Best to just view him as a rather pathetic comedy figure. It works for most of us.

Meh, facts are facts. Feel free to be as hypocritical and xenophobic as you like, but it doesn't detract from the reality that his actions and decisions had a direct impact on the lives of millions, many of whom died. He also openly said he hated Indians. Not really a surprise that Brexiters see him as their hero

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        but it doesn't detract from the reality that his actions and decisions had a direct impact on the lives of millions, many of whom would now be speaking German and living under the jackboots of fascism had he not led us to Victory in WWII
        HTH BIDI

Not really a surprise that gurning ungrateful liberals attempt to besmirch his reputation, safe within the freedoms that his leadership helped maintain for them
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Meh, facts are facts. Feel free to be as hypocritical and xenophobic as you like, but it doesn't detract from the reality that his actions and decisions had a direct impact on the lives of millions, many of whom died. He also openly said he hated Indians. Not really a surprise that Brexiters see him as their hero
          It is a matter of debate. Bengal famine of 1943 - Wikipedia History can't always provide a 'truth'.

What is true is that oPM understatated the number of deaths caused by Hitler (or alternatively crated a false comparison with the number of deaths caused by Mao, which favoured Hitler) and then disengaged from the conversation. Most peculiar. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            HTH BIDI

whorty would have been a concientious objector <aka krapper> in WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

One of my great uncles was a conscientious objector. Very brave man by all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                One of my great uncles was a conscientious objector. Very brave man by all accounts.
                aye, - right

Comment

aye, - right
                  PoW, in the West, not of the Japanese fortunately. Like many people, he didn't talk much about it, but I understand he volunteered to stay with some wounded comrades. Don't know any more detail than that.

Comment

hmmm, you know nothing fella. It's easy to follow orders, it's not so easy to think for yourself. It's clear on here those who are born to lead and those who are born to follow. Now get in line son, and wait for your orders.

Comment

hmmm, you know nothing fella. It's easy to follow orders, it's not so easy to think for yourself. It's clear on here those who are born to lead and those who are born to follow. Now get in line son, and wait for your orders.
                      i don't take orders, i'll leave that to you in your takeaway gig, twat

Comment

Working...
                      X