• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Parliament could still accept the withdrawal agreement.
    True. Could easily go that parliament vote away no-deal, then vote for an extension, then the EU refuse the extension, it goes back to either

1) May's deal
    2) Crash out (even though parliament vote tonight to not crash out)
    3) Revoke A50

Parliament are scared and have no idea what they should do. Incompetent lot.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      True. Could easily go that parliament vote away no-deal, then vote for an extension, then the EU refuse the extension, it goes back to either

1) May's deal
      3) Revoke A50

4) The EU folds because the UK holds all the cards.

Comment

4) The EU folds because the UK holds all the cards.
        Bugger. Forgot about that one.

Comment

Bugger. Forgot about that one.
          Easily done.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Parliament could still accept the withdrawal agreement.

Here you go.....clutch some of these.........
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

1) May's deal
              3) Revoke A50

They just vote to reject 2) None of them have the balls to enact 3) so that leaves voting for 1) again as the only option left open to our MPs. they have backed themselves into a corner and left themselves with Mays deal as the only thing left. What a bunch of numpties

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Here you go.....clutch some of these.........
                I don't support the withdrawal agreement, but I could do with a cuppa and a slice of Victoria sponge.

Comment

they vote against the 'deal'.
                  they vote against 'no deal'
                  they vote against 'remain'
                  what do they vote for?

FFS. - wunch of bankers

Comment

but I could do with a cuppa and a slice of Victoria sponge.
                    Of course you could. De Rigeur amongst the "old woman" set.

Oh hark?....is that the fevered sound of NAT hefting his wobbly arse across the forum to reprimand me for "stereotypical" tomfoolery, or will he get cojak to do it for him again?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                      They just vote to reject 2) None of them have the balls to enact 3) so that leaves voting for 1) again as the only option left open to our MPs. they have backed themselves into a corner and left themselves with Mays deal as the only thing left. What a bunch of numpties
                      Crashing out is still viable despite the votes. If EU refuse to extend, and MPs refuse to back May then crashing out is still available. Unlikely, but still set in law until the law is revoked.

Comment

Working...
                      X