• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We're all professionals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is about design by committee which means you will always get as many solutions as you have committee members.

The analogy just doesn't work.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

The solution is simple. The client (UK) defines the solution( how it will leave the EU and deal with the Irish border) and the clients customer (The EU) merely has to decide if it likes that interface and if it doesn't it just has to put something in place to manage that interface. Which is pretty much what will happen if we leave with no deal on WTO rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        The solution is simple. The client (UK) defines the solution( how it will leave the EU and deal with the Irish border) and the clients customer (The EU) merely has to decide if it likes that interface and if it doesn't it just has to put something in place to manage that interface. Which is pretty much what will happen if we leave with no deal on WTO rules.

Which is basically what has happened but the client's stakeholders have decided that it's all bollocks so now the client needs to work out another plan to make both sides happy, which it can't...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Which is basically what has happened but the client's stakeholders have decided that it's all bollocks so now the client needs to work out another plan to make both sides happy, which it can't...
          Unfortunately the client’s users (the people of NI) are represented by a Product Owner (the DUP) that doesn’t know its arse from its elbow and is objecting to solutions that the users would accept.

Comment

This is about design by committee which means you will always get as many solutions as you have committee members.

The analogy just doesn't work.

This is how business works ... you do understand that? You may have a main sponsor on a project, but many, many stakeholders. In order to deliver the project you will need to get most (note most, not all) stakeholders on board. This is not 'by committee', this is just how things work in the real world.

You just sound like a code monkey who does what he's told to do, adding little value to the client. Sounds inside IR35 to me.

I'm a professional offering my services to add value to the client. I will add my commercial experience to drive the project, bring stakeholders together, steer the requirements gathering, ensure the code monkeys deliver to those requirements, manage comms etc etc

This is what Brexit lacks - true leadership bringing conflicting views together to deliver a consensus solution. You will never meet the requirements of all stakeholders, but you will never deliver if you can't get the majority of your key stakeholders to join the party. Brexit is pandering to the extreme few and has never tried to take the majority on the journey.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

2 of the Option A promoters can't even agree with themselves on what 'good' looks like, even though they campaigned together and supposedly campaigned for the same set of requirements. This is why we are in the tulip that we are

pro-Brexit Environment Secretary Michael Gove said while the prime minister's deal was a compromise, it should not be rejected "for that reason alone".

He appealed for unity among MPs and the country, and rejected the notion of a no-deal Brexit: "We didn't vote to leave without a deal. That wasn't the message of the campaign I helped lead."

But former cabinet minister Boris Johnson, who campaigned alongside Mr Gove to leave the EU, said there was "no way" he would vote for the backstop in its current form.

"The UK will have less sovereign power to withdraw from the backstop than it has to leave the EU itself. It is quite a bewildering state of affairs."

Gove confirms that the Leave campaign never pushed a No Deal solution. Boris doesn't want No Deal either (if you believe his previous comments) yet doesn't want the same as Gove.

And the turkeys voted for these people

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                This is how business works ... you do understand that? You may have a main sponsor on a project, but many, many stakeholders. In order to deliver the project you will need to get most (note most, not all) stakeholders on board. This is not 'by committee', this is just how things work in the real world.

You just sound like a code monkey who does what he's told to do, adding little value to the client. Sounds inside IR35 to me.

I'm a professional offering my services to add value to the client. I will add my commercial experience to drive the project, bring stakeholders together, steer the requirements gathering, ensure the code monkeys deliver to those requirements, manage comms etc etc

This is what Brexit lacks - true leadership bringing conflicting views together to deliver a consensus solution. You will never meet the requirements of all stakeholders, but you will never deliver if you can't get the majority of your key stakeholders to join the party. Brexit is pandering to the extreme few and has never tried to take the majority on the journey.
                1. I dont do coding
                2. I am one of approximately (as of Feb2019) 60 INCOSE CSEP s (Certified Systems Engineering Professional) in the UK.
                3. I am a Chartered Engineer
                4. I am a Corporate Member of the IET

I've worked on more projects than you've had hot dinners sunshine

Comment

1. I dont do coding
                  2. I am one of approximately (as of Feb2019) 60 INCOSE CSEP s (Certified Systems Engineering Professional) in the UK.

Impressive achievements for a Grade A cretin.

Comment

1. I dont do coding

And yet you say you will only deliver what you are told to deliver rather than selling your knowledge and experience and advising the client and delivering what they need. All those qualifications yet you don't understand how to deliver a successful project

You may, or may not, have worked on more projects than me. I've only been working in project environments for 26 years. But, having worked on lots of projects doesn't mean you understand or have the skills to deliver projects. You're a techie, you do what you're told. I'm a manager, I lead the team to deliver success

Comment

No you're not.
                      You could be an Incorporated Engineer.
                      Your company could have a Corporate Partnership.

But the IET do not have "Corporate Members" and if they did, it wouldn't be for individuals.

If you were a HonFIET, you could rightly be proud of that one.

Oh, and you left out your upcoming SEAT on the tribe of Cupra.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X