• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit dividend reaching the regions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    At a personal level it’s paid out of taxes, not earnings. So the grand total the average person would pay is less than 50p per day.

Have a look at the back of your Statement of Account from HMRC, it’s all there.
    That is not the point.

We are not getting value for money for what we pay - so anything is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      That is not the point.

What value would you like to see us getting?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Your average Swiss resident pays 7.5p a day.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That is not the point.

Define “value”. And define “we”, while you’re at it.

Personally, I save more than that in a year through no tariffs, no visas, no roaming charges, no additional admin for green cards or IDPs, etc. Clientco saves millions through lack of tariffs, reduced admin, use of shared agencies instead of one here and one there, regulatory alignment, etc.

Comment

That 1% could be a drop in the ocean compared to the drag on GDP as a result of leaving.

Even diehard brexiteers, like moggy, accept that the economy will be significantly worse for years to come.

However...

I accept that many, in this country, consider it a price worth paying to get out of a "bad marriage".

Comment

although if you ask for something I may invite you to my house so I can humiliate you
              And there we have it again, oPM and brexiters playing the victim.

HTFU buttercup and stop being such a wimp
              Last edited by Whorty; 7 March 2019, 15:28.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
              X