• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The future trade deal with the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future trade deal with the EU

Whether or not the Withdrawal Agreement is voted on, after 29 March our Government will need to start to negotiate the future trade agreement with the EU.

Government, not Parliament. Assuming no General Election, our future trade relationship is in the hands of a select few at the top of the Tory party.

May won’t be around much longer, so who do you want to be in charge of designing and defining our economic relationship with our largest trading partner?

AndyW

Comment

Erm, there will be soon General Election and Labour will win - Tories will be sitting on the backbenches and loudly shouting about how well they would have done negotiations, if only they had a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Erm, there will be soon General Election and Labour will win - Tories will be sitting on the backbenches and loudly shouting about how well they would have done negotiations, if only they had a chance!

only if they sack Jezzybell.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cool. So which Labour minister do you want to be in charge of the future UK relationship with the EU?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Cool. So which Labour minister do you want to be in charge of the future UK relationship with the EU?
            D. Abbott
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              D. Abbott
              You laugh, and your post is ‘liked’. But this is the reality we face.

The public voted to leave the EU. We are leaving. The public did not get any say in what the future relationship should be. Is it EFTA, EEA, CETA, some bespoke relationship?

Worst case scenario, D Abbott COULD be in charge of what our future relationship is.

And 52% or the country voted for that.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                I want Brexit to be cancelled and those liars like Boris, Farage who promoted it to die in jail

Comment

I want Brexit to be cancelled and those liars like Boris, Farage who promoted it to die in jail
                  It’s not going to be cancelled. Sorry.

Our future relationship with the rest of the world is dependent on our Trade Minister. Not another referendum on what we (the people) think it should be, not Parliament. Currently the disgraced former defence minister Liam Fox, but in the future it could be anyone. Even D Abbott. And that person alone.

It’s what they voted for.

Comment

In this case I pray this country will get this Trade Minister -

Comment

Working...
                    X