• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The big day is here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well you can use logic, you can appeal to their greater good, you can appeal to their intellect

but some people are complete ass hats and have no interest in the project and will do their best to de rail it regardless of what is done

- in those instances should we cancel the project?

If you couldn't convince them you were right, you ignored them?
    How many failed projects did you manage? Must have been most of them.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The deal was crap and was rightly voted out.

The EU have previously stated that there is nothing else on the table so **** 'em, what's the point negotiating until after we've left?

All we need is Corbyn's vote of no confidence in the Government to fail this evening - spectacularly I hope.

Corbyn appears to have assumed that a bad deal being voted out equates to a vote against the Government.

We can't have a second referendum on leaving, but if we did, what would be the point?

If the Remainers won, the Brexiters would demand another vote! If the Brexiters won, even by a higher majority, would that be enough to appease the Remainers?

Let's crash out if need be and then pick up the pieces. The world won't stop rotating, it's going to be ripples in water, nothing more.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I'm not so sure that is what opm said.

He did say, and is very true of what happened last night, there are some who no matter what have no Interest in the project and will do their up most to derail the project. In that case opm said the project would be cancelled.
        However, just because of what happened last night I do not think that the Brexit process should be cancelled because 400 want to overturn democracy.
        Wrt no deal. It is still an option that is entrenched in an act of parliament. If we reach March29th with no agreed deal we leave on WTO rules and no deal. To state that no deal is not an option is wrong as it is currently a fact of law.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Well do not really want to go into the ins and outs of managing a project on this forum - something I have not done for years I might add.

As for failed projects - no, all projects came to a conclusion which was satisfactory to the major stakeholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

The EU have previously stated that there is nothing else on the table so **** 'em, what's the point negotiating until after we've left?

All we need is Corbyn's vote of no confidence in the Government to fail this evening - spectacularly I hope.

Corbyn appears to have assumed that a bad deal being voted out equates to a vote against the Government.

We can't have a second referendum on leaving, but if we did, what would be the point?

If the Remainers won, the Brexiters would demand another vote! If the Brexiters won, even by a higher majority, would that be enough to appease the Remainers?

Let's crash out if need be and then pick up the pieces. The world won't stop rotating, it's going to be ripples in water, nothing more.
            I agree pretty much with this point of view. In the global view of things the UK crashing out of the EU will be little more than ripples in the rough seas that is the global economy at the moment.
            There are much bigger economic issues than the UK leaving the EU at the moment. Even much bigger issues within the EU itself

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I think I may have met one of you last night. A conversation was interrupted by a fervent Brexiteer who was glad the vote had failed because it wasn’t the will of the people. He thought May was the worst PM ever and that the best thing to happen would be for her to go. When I asked who should replace her, he said that the Tory party were a bunch of left wing Marxists and that 17 million people voted for a proper Conservative party.

His opinion is that everyone who voted for Brexit is from the far right and that there is no party in parliament who represent their views.
              ...He also believes that he shouldn’t have to go through airport security because he doesn’t look like a terrorist, that all Muslims are terrorists, and anyone who calls themselves a Muslim who doesn’t want to murder all non-Muslims, isn’t in fact a Muslim at all. And he’s very interested to know where people are “originally from”, no matter what your skin colour is, if you live in England you must prove your ancestry if your accent isn’t what he considers English.

So, which of you is he?
              There are guys like that in every pub in the UK. Can you narrow it down a bit?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                400 want to overturn democracy
                On the contrary, I bet the 400 represent the majority, in this country, who think May's deal stinks.

Comment

I agree pretty much with this point of view. In the global view of things the UK crashing out of the EU will be little more than ripples in the rough seas that is the global economy at the moment.
                  There are much bigger economic issues than the UK leaving the EU at the moment. Even much bigger issues within the EU itself

This is a very good point - it is fair to say yes the UK does have some problems - but in the same breath you would have to be the most blinkered europhile to say the EU is the land of milk and honey and I would say it's problems are not getting better either.

Would the UK staying in the EU be a benefit to the EU - is it simply the cash we bring that is the benefit or do we bring anything else to the table?

Comment

There are much bigger economic issues than the UK leaving the EU at the moment. Even much bigger issues within the EU itself ..
                    Exactly, but that never seems to give Remainers, in their blind faith, reason to pause for thought ...
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Why? What would you want changed in the Withdrawal Agreeement?

Comment

Working...
                      X