• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Leave Alliance view of WTO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Leave Alliance view of WTO

Composed as far back as March 2017 but still factually correct today (linky)

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

indeed

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Composed as far back as March 2017 but still factually correct today (linky)

Project Fear.

Comment

One can say, unequivocally, that the UK could not survive as a trading nation by relying on the WTO Option. It would be an unmitigated disaster, and no responsible government should allow it. The option should be rejected.
        So, the politicians advocating this either haven't got a clue or are disaster capitalists. Marvelous.

Comment

Parliament is going to make a decision next week within 3 days of May's defeat and no deal is the least likely option.

The most likely one is Brino ++ complete with the customs union.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

No (transition) deal is exactly what’s going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              No (transition) deal is exactly what’s going to happen
              If it does, a lot of work by civil servants on reforms and policies that mean real change for the people that need it will grind to a halt.

Deliberately hurting the less well-off and the people that need help the most.

Comment

What I can't fathom out is why, going into the ref, Norway (ETFA EEA) was being touted as an option, but once the ref had been run that option seemed to just be dismissed by Davis and co. As a remainer I can see the benefits in ETFA; not as good as we have today, but at least not a total destruction of our economy. It would have been a fairly easy sell to parliament too.

2.5 years on ... how did this shambles of a government get it so wrong?
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

What I can't fathom out is why, going into the ref, Norway (ETFA EEA) was being touted as an option, but once the ref had been run that option seemed to just be dismissed by Davis and co. As a remainer I can see the benefits in ETFA; not as good as we have today, but at least not a total destruction of our economy. It would have been a fairly easy sell to parliament too.

That's right Brexit campaigners would use the examples of Norway, Switzerland and Iceland to make their point about how the UK could be successful outside the EU. Interestingly they never mentioned the Ukraine, which is now the closest model to what they want.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why? Because they wanted to get the leave votes they otherwise won’t

Just like Trump they did not expect to win, but lies and Putins helping hand got us where we are

Comment

Working...
                    X