• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government shutdown & no more taxes ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Half the people are above median intelligence.
    well yes. That's what I said.
    Median is a measure of average (as is mean and mode).

Sorry for not being more specific. Your mathematical prowess had escaped me.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      If I genuinely believed any politician had any interest in anything except lining their own pockets I would be happy to let them have more control.

But as they have demonstrated time and time again they simply cannot be trusted.
      But you voted for them to have more control. Where do you think "taking back control" was taking it back to?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        well yes. That's what I said.
        Median is a measure of average (as is mean and mode).

Sorry for not being more specific. Your mathematical prowess had escaped me.
        To be fair it's about all I remember from O Level statistics. Aside from the fact that 98.3% of statistics are made up...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          But you voted for them to have more control. Where do you think "taking back control" was taking it back to?
          Many of us (clearly deluded fools such as we are) hoped that having given our instruction via a referendum, we were instructing the body of Parliament to deliver the result.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Many of us (clearly deluded fools such as we are) hoped that having given our advice via a referendum, we were advising the body of Parliament to consider the result.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              FTFY
              I wouldn't want to guess how much the referendum cost (we know it's more than the £9m they spent on that crappy leaflet) but probably in the low hundreds of millions. If they wanted something "advisory" they could have done some opinion polling. Although, as we know, they did that as well, and it still didn't work out as planned.

Comment

Many of us (clearly deluded fools such as we are) hoped that having given our instruction via a referendum, we were instructing the body of Parliament to deliver the result.
                Which of the many possible results did you vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  A red, white and blue Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    A red, white and blue Brexit.
                    Blue passport, red jam, white bread
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      There weren't "many" results. There was Leave or Remain. I'll leave it to you to guess which one I picked.

Comment

Working...
                      X