• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

19.6%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19.6%

UK car manufacturing output falls by a fifth as demand slumps

Production declined by 19.6% in November, which is biggest year-on-year drop since 2008

UK car manufacturing output falls by a fifth as demand slumps | Business | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    UK car manufacturing output falls by a fifth as demand slumps

Production declined by 19.6% in November, which is biggest year-on-year drop since 2008

UK car manufacturing output falls by a fifth as demand slumps | Business | The Guardian
    So around 80% of UK car production is exported. Taking this into context with your headline above might infer that there has been a 16% (ish) drop in worldwide demand for cars produced in the UK.

Relating this to Brexit is like saying the current world wide slump in stock markets around the world is a direct effect of Brexit. I think there are bigger forces at play than Brexit. You might as well claim that the next African famine has nothing to do with climate change but is a direct result of Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      So around 80% of UK car production is exported. Taking this into context with your headline above might infer that there has been a 16% (ish) drop in worldwide demand for cars produced in the UK.

Relating this to Brexit is like saying the current world wide slump in stock markets around the world is a direct effect of Brexit. I think there are bigger forces at play than Brexit. You might as well claim that the next African famine has nothing to do with climate change but is a direct result of Brexit.
      VW global sales up in November 2018

I think this has everything to do with Brexit, sales are booming everywhere except in the UK.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The CNBC/CNN market experts are indeed including Brexit as one of the factors causing the world wide slump in equity markets.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The CNBC/CNN market experts are indeed including Brexit as one of the factors causing the world wide slump in equity markets.
          Cause its such a convenient tag and means the CNBC/CNN Journalists don't have to get off their bar stools to get a story.

Comment

Cause its such a convenient tag and means the CNBC/CNN Journalists don't have to get off their bar stools to get a story.
            Absolutely what do the economists know and probably the fund managers telling CNBC journalists that Brexit is reason for selling stocks are just talking rubbish.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

VW global sales up in November 2018

I think this has everything to do with Brexit, sales are booming everywhere except in the UK.

I didn't realise you subscribed to Just Auto or did you just read the headline and decided to publish. You actually have to subscribe to Just Auto to read the article.

How to you get that out of one manufacture that makes cars and sells cars all over the world is doing better this year than it has in previous years when it's sales slumped due to diesel gate. People have very short memories.

Now are we just taking VW here or are we talking VAG, i.e. VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Ducati, Bently, and probably a few others I've missed.
              Last edited by Yorkie62; 21 December 2018, 08:36.

Comment

Absolutely what do the economists know and probably the fund managers telling CNBC journalists that Brexit is reason for selling stocks are just talking rubbish.

I thought we agreed that we don't listen to experts anymore? We only listen to random nobodies on social media ... talking of which, Yorkie makes some excellent points and even though I have no idea what his experiences are, I think he must be spot on with his analysis... he's certainly to be trusted more than those damn experts
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                X