• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Message to Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Brexiters would have liked to know what remain entailed. I am not sure many voters are keen on a European army.
    Why? What is so bad about an EU army to keep the peace across our continent? It's not like the army would be starting wars is it? So why would many voters be any more bothered by this as they would be by NATO or the UN?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Out of interest, what is the difference between an European army and one which the Americans tend to control (NATO)?
      The difference is obvious
      Britain pays $55 billion per year to NATO which is an undemocratic secret organisation with un-elected officials
      Britain pays a nett contribution of £9 billion per year to the EU which is an open democratic organisation with an elected parliament

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I am interested in how you row back from your nonsense about ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’. You were banking on some obscurity about punctuation, so please do explain.
        Row back? Banking on? Have a read of posts #13 & #31 in your most objective frame of mind.

I didn’t use [QUOTE] functionality for a reason, it was implied, as I say in #31, so I’m attempting to paraphrase for conciseness.

Honestly, keep avoiding the substance for as long as you can is a tactic that will get you only so far...
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You read I implied it, that doesn't mean that I implied it. Just like Brexiters think the "Leave" or "Remain" question in 2016 implied "Leave everything and destroy the country with a no deal Brexit", that doesn't mean that that is what "Leave" means.
          If you’d included your later qualification, I would wholeheartedly agree with you, but alas, you did not.
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Why? What is so bad about an EU army to keep the peace across our continent? It's not like the army would be starting wars is it? So why would many voters be any more bothered by this as they would be by NATO or the UN?
            We'd be one double G&T away from WW3. NATO and the UN may have access to military resources, but that's not the same as putting a drunken idiot in charge of a whole army. You have got to be some sort of weapons grade moron to even think that might be a good idea...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Just as a general point of information on the video ( which I haven't watched as it is TRT and presumably wild exaggeration ).

The chap is wearing a metal pin Irish lily which is PIRA/Sinn Fein symbol ( a sticky Irish lily badge would mean association with the original IRA ). He may look quite threatening and RT clearly love pumping this out but as the PIRA fully disbanded some time ago and Sinn Fein are fully committed to peace we can mark him down as more "historical re-enactment" than a "where is the nearest border post" type. File under TRT bulltulip.

Comment

"wasting your day" because it won't actually make any difference to anything
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  "wasting your day" because it won't actually make any difference to anything
                  But it does make a difference ... it gives me entertainment. I love seeing the brexiter posts, gives me belly laughs every day. Much cheaper than paying for a SKY subscription
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Back to school for you, or just ask your budgie to proof-read your responses to save future embarrassment.
                    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X