• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Message to Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I never actually said all leave voters are extremists and want to enact violence. Those that spout their religion on social media I'm afraid do fall into that description, whether it be on here, BBC HYS, FB or other such forum. I see a lot of threats on line from brexiters, saying if they don't get their way then violence will ensue. There are though others that just want this over with now, and would even consider voting remain to correct the damage already done.

As you say though, out of our hands and I hope it remains out of our hands and MPs do what they are paid to do and push through a controlled brexit. We don't need a 2nd ref - the first one has divided the country enough, the last thing we need is more division.

MPs should back May or back a Norway style deal. We can always review this in 5/10 years time if the economy is still in the doldrums. Just my view, but who knows what these self serving MPs will actually decide.
    That distinction/qualification was not made in your post at #13 in the thread, thus implying it applies to all.

Feel free to go back and have a read, then add it in if you wish.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Not using this exact words...please note I didn’t explicitly quote, hence ‘ instead of “

Post #13
      I'm not familiar.with that distinction in British English usage. How does it work? I like punctuation rules (sad, I know) so always keen to learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Brexit is the most controversial and life changing event since WW2. It has and will effect peoples' lives and indeed will ruin some peoples lives and drive some businesses to the wall. It may well cause the breakup of the UK. I don't believe it is apt to state "Have an opinion on the UK and EU? Feel free to waste your day in here."
        It's a waste of time reading any of your rants, so the description is more than apt...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          the Brexit mob, by and large are only capable of spouting cretinism, and the Remainer mob.
          Posts someone so cretinous they got forced into being a mod.

The sooner there is a hard brexit and the internet connection to the continent is severed the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I'm not familiar.with that distinction in British English usage. How does it work? I like punctuation rules (sad, I know) so always keen to learn more.
            It’s quite telling, that you focus on that, rather than the substance.

I’ve been labouring under a misapprehension, ignore the ‘/“ part and tell us, do you agree with the substance of my post?
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

That distinction/qualification was not made in your post at #13 in the thread, thus implying it applies to all.

Feel free to go back and have a read, then add it in if you wish.
              You read I implied it, that doesn't mean that I implied it. Just like Brexiters think the "Leave" or "Remain" question in 2016 implied "Leave everything and destroy the country with a no deal Brexit", that doesn't mean that that is what "Leave" means.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                You read I implied it, that doesn't mean that I implied it. Just like Brexiters think the "Leave" or "Remain" question in 2016 implied "Leave everything and destroy the country with a no deal Brexit", that doesn't mean that that is what "Leave" means.
                Brexiters would have liked to know what remain entailed. I am not sure many voters are keen on a European army.

Comment

It’s quite telling, that you focus on that, rather than the substance.

I’ve been labouring under a misapprehension, ignore the ‘/“ part and tell us, do you agree with the substance of my post?
                  I am interested in how you row back from your nonsense about ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’. You were banking on some obscurity about punctuation, so please do explain.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Brexiters would have liked to know what remain entailed. I am not sure many voters are keen on a European army.
                    Out of interest, what is the difference between an European army and one which the Americans tend to control (NATO)?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Brexiters, nice people: 'You're on the side of Hitler': Anna Soubry accosted by pro-Brexit supporters | Politics | The Guardian
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X