• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Message to Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    The only difference with religion is that in the Brexit case they will actually find out that their fairy god doesn't exist.
    In which case, leave voters won’t be ‘taught a lesson’ by having a ‘good hard Brexit’ will they...

So you may wanna tell those on here, that think that’ll happen
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      In which case, leave voters won’t be ‘taught a lesson’ by having a ‘good hard Brexit’ will they...

Even an immigrant can see, that your sentences are incorrect and don't make any sense.

Comment

The temple of brexit will come tumbling down, it's just not certain yet how that will happen. Will it be the hard brexit and massive economic impact with those in lower paid jobs losing those jobs, or will it be a soft brexit that is not that different from what we have today, but with less control of the EU rules and regulations?

It may well be that some believers will be content with the soft religion, others will not be happy until there is a full hard brexit ... but then every religion has those extremists that aren't happy until their society is destroyed (plenty of examples like that with IS ). Let's see which faction of the religious brexit sect wins out
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          The temple of brexit will come tumbling down, it's just not certain yet how that will happen. Will it be the hard brexit and massive economic impact with those in lower paid jobs losing those jobs, or will it be a soft brexit that is not that different from what we have today, but with less control of the EU rules and regulations?

It may well be that some believers will be content with the soft religion, others will not be happy until there is a full hard brexit ... but then every religion has those extremists that aren't happy until their society is destroyed (plenty of examples like that with IS ). Let's see which faction of the religious brexit sect wins out
          You forget that the UK holds all the cards, so the EUSSR bluff will crumble and the UK can have its cake and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Even an immigrant can see, that your sentences are incorrect and don't make any sense.
            Nope.

The Brexit god doesn’t exist, I.e. Brexit will not be delivered
            (Or did you mean something else?)

Therefore, there will not be a hard Brexit, I.e. no-deal

Therefore, leave voters will not be ‘taught a lesson’ by a ‘good hard Brexit’, which many on here claim: a) will hurt leave voters the most, and b) they want to happen.

Back to school for you, or just ask your kids to proof-read your responses to save future embarrassment.
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

At least you have somewhat nuanced your position, from the original ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’.

I suppose it’s an improvement, that we should be thankful for.

Unless there is a People’s vote, it’s out of our hands, so I too have popcorn at hand

Sphere of control, sphere of influence and all that, you see.
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

At least you have somewhat nuanced your position, from the original ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’.

Unless there is a People’s vote, it’s out of our hands, so I too have popcorn at hand

Who has ever said, ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’?

Comment

Be interesting (and I use that word cautiously) how brexiters react when they realise that they have been sold a pup and their religion is false. A good hard brexit should help with that
                  Oh come on, you know exactly how it pans out.

The Brexiters will blame the Remain voters for failing to deliver on what they think they're getting. If after all this time they still don't see that a Hard Brexit will be bad, then they aren't going to change their minds.

Many think tariffs are a uniquely EU invention and think that outside the EU we'll suddenly charge zero tariffs and impose zero controls on our imports. No understanding of our exports, no understanding that tariffs effectively protect our domestic industry... One chump refused to believe that we had already submitted out WTO tariff commitments, that they were the same as EU tariffs and that several countries had already objected to them. (all proof, including the WTO website, was Project Fear). Another chump thought it meant we would have zero VAT on UK manufactured goods. God knows where that came from. Plenty say "money isn't everything", which is a far cry from "Brexit will make our lives better".

Any flavour of Brexit is going to leave a majority disappointed. Remain is the only option which will leave the fewest people disappointed with the outcome.
                  Taking a break from contracting

Comment

I never actually said all leave voters are extremists and want to enact violence. Those that spout their religion on social media I'm afraid do fall into that description, whether it be on here, BBC HYS, FB or other such forum. I see a lot of threats on line from brexiters, saying if they don't get their way then violence will ensue. There are though others that just want this over with now, and would even consider voting remain to correct the damage already done.

As you say though, out of our hands and I hope it remains out of our hands and MPs do what they are paid to do and push through a controlled brexit. We don't need a 2nd ref - the first one has divided the country enough, the last thing we need is more division.

MPs should back May or back a Norway style deal. We can always review this in 5/10 years time if the economy is still in the doldrums. Just my view, but who knows what these self serving MPs will actually decide.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Who has ever said, ‘all leave voters are extremists, who cannot debate and want to enact violence, like the new-nazi did to Jo Cox’?
                      Not using this exact words...please note I didn’t explicitly quote, hence ‘ instead of “

Post #13
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X