• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-Brexit consumer spending DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why would being in the EU reduce rail fares and utility bills?
    It won't. But as we have to find more for train fairs and bills, and we will be poorer as a direct result of Brexit, and hence less spending power, consumer spending will ensue. Less consumer spending will threaten retailers (both high street and online) == less tax take, less employment == more benefits == less money for the NHS

Anyone see the Brexit dividend yet?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      It won't. But as we have to find more for train fairs and bills, and we will be poorer as a direct result of Brexit, and hence less spending power, consumer spending will ensue. Less consumer spending will threaten retailers (both high street and online) == less tax take, less employment == more benefits == less money for the NHS

Anyone see the Brexit dividend yet?
      So well all be living in caves soon then - as obviously everything will be a downward spiral.

Or do you see the UK being recognised by a beneficient EU in the future - helping us out of our self dug hole - in return for subservience

is that what you believe?

Comment

So well all be living in caves soon then - as obviously everything will be a downward spiral.

Or do you see the UK being recognised by a beneficient EU in the future - helping us out of our self dug hole - in return for subservience

Nelson's column will be relocated to Berlin.

Now who was it who had that idea first?

Comment

Just in case, these are for your address book:

Directions to the IMF

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/I..._Locations.pdf
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I can actually imagine you believing Brexit is a complete success if we're not though
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              I can actually imagine you believing Brexit is a complete success if we're not though
              that would be naive mind you....

Comment

Working...
              X