• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa survives - badly wounded though

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=motoukenin;2607888]
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post

I base decisions on hard fact, I would not vote for anything I was not sure of the outcome. My next door neighbour has a whole bookshelf full of encyclopedias his kids have never read and he is still paying for 7 years later, it was an emotional decision.
    How do you innovate in your day job if you only base decisions on hard facts. Innovation requires risk. We all have to take risks in life and try to manage those risks to the best of our ability.
    I am willing to accept higher risks than most, I know that, maybe that is why I am comfortable with Brexit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Yorkie62; 13 December 2018, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post

I base decisions on hard fact, I would not vote for anything I was not sure of the outcome. My next door neighbour has a whole bookshelf full of encyclopedias his kids have never read and he is still paying for 7 years later, it was an emotional decision.
      Given, that election manifestos are NOT legally-binding - do you ever vote in general elections?
      (I would assume not, given your statement above, but I doubt it somehow)
      Last edited by Bean; 13 December 2018, 12:43. Reason: bad multi-quoting correction
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

May will be gone within a week in spite of vote of confidence

Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 December 2018, 15:01.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

The link is broke.

But Steve Baker needs to fook off back to his day job and stop fighting the lost fight.

Comment

May will last 31 days just like it does every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post

How do you innovate in your day job if you only base decisions on hard facts. Innovation requires risk.
              Even if the hard facts tell you that you cannot make a successful submarine out of cheese?
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                Even if the hard facts tell you that you cannot make a successful submarine out of cheese?
                Outsource it to Narnia.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I agree with most of this with the exception for "I did wonder why Bozo was looking glum in Parliament yesterday during PMQs. Him and his cronies in the ERG" - Bozo isn't one of them and I don't think they like or trust him either. Bozo is glum as he will be a loner and will never become Tory leader as neither remainers or leavers trust him.
                  I thought the ERG members list was private. Remember seeing this and thought it was one of their meetings.

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Is that what democracy is about? Only golden promises to secure a vote, and then damn the consequences later?
                  No but it's what MPs are all about, promise whatever they think will get them elected then renege on it later. Their election manifesto isn't legally binding.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  There is no way anything will be done in the 8 weeks between the 'meaningful vote' and the end of march. The repeal bill to take us out was brutal and took a year. 180 ish amendments.

Now it is law expect to see any change challenged in the courts by some Gina Miller type. Expect the brexiters in the party to try and force a GE in that period to run down the clock.

People can waffle all they want about stuff being on the table and off the table. This ship has sailed and the only option other than hard Brexit is voting for the transition and backstop which won't happen.
                  I think this is what May and her supporters are delaying the vote for, so there's no time for a realistic alternative other than extend Article 50 with no new end game, so would be seen to be going back on their promise to deliver brexit. Therefore May is delaying so it's her deal as the only option on the table as they're mostly tulip scared of leaving with no deal and even JRM accepts that a no deal would need a similar 'still in EU' transition period to avoid utter chaos that would be no better than May's deal anyway.

They've gotten themselves well and truly stuck in a Gordian knot.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    You are missing the point - they people of the Uk voted to leave.

All those who opposed it have all had their chance to say how much of a bad idea that was, to call all the people who voted Brexit cretins and to throw their toys out of the pram - which they have all done.

However they have had that chance, they have had their say, and we all said ok well thanks for the input - however now they need to shut up and do the best they can for the UK population.
                    The UK consists of 4 countries. 2 countries wish to remain and 2 wish to leave. The referendum was a draw.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
                      The UK consists of 4 countries. 2 countries wish to remain and 2 wish to leave. The referendum was a draw.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                      X