• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theresa survives - badly wounded though

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=original PM;2607868]

We just wanted to leave the EU because we did not want to be part of the EU, because we felt it would be better for the UK if we left the EU.

QUOTE]

This. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      and whilst we are at it we (the 'royal' we) can apply the same rules to any minority.
      Indeed, that's why we have parliament, the ERG had their chance, they should have replaced May with Johnson or Rees-Mogg. They've failed, Brexit RIP.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Ok well if you have every actually spoken to any one who voted Brexit you will know it was none of the above things

We just wanted to leave the EU because we did not want to be part of the EU, because we felt it would be better for the UK if we left the EU.
        That isn't a reason. That is stating the bleedin' obvious.

I spoke to a Brexit voter and his reasons were:

1 Turkey was definitely joining the EU in 2017, and anyone who believed otherwise was an idiot.
        2 Too many immigrants meant that his (half Spanish) kids would never be able to buy a house when they grow up.
        3 "Blokes can marry their boyfriends."

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          That isn't a reason. That is stating the bleedin' obvious.

I spoke to a Remain voter and his reasons were:

1 Turkey was definitely joining the EU in 2017, and Turkey is a great place to go on holiday. Anybody who thinks otherwise in an idiot.
          2 Too many immigrants meant that his (half Spanish) kids would never be able to find a low paid job and could live off benefits for the rest of their lives.
          3 "He can marry their next doors cat."
          FTFY

Comment

Here's another one

End of freedom of movement not legally binding, simply an aspiration that has been duly noted for the future negotiations

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Stop complaining, remember Brexit means Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Stop complaining, remember Brexit means Brexit.

Looking more and more like its the only way of satisfying the result of the referendum. If you wat to leave a club, you leave, you don't hang around outside looking in through the window afterwards.

Comment

Looking more and more like its the only way of satisfying the result of the referendum. If you wat to leave a club, you leave, you don't hang around outside looking in through the window afterwards.
                  Yeah but these ****wits keep thinking that they were getting the eye of that fit bird - but unreality she was cross-eyed and not looking at them at all...

Comment

[QUOTE=Yorkie62;2607869]
                    Originally posted by original PM View Post

QUOTE]

This. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health.
                    I base decisions on hard fact, I would not vote for anything I was not sure of the outcome. My next door neighbour has a whole bookshelf full of encyclopedias his kids have never read and he is still paying for 7 years later, it was an emotional decision.
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

[QUOTE=motoukenin;2607888]

I base decisions on hard fact, I would not vote for anything I was not sure of the outcome. My next door neighbour has a whole bookshelf full of encyclopedias his kids have never read and he is still paying for 7 years later, it was an emotional decision.
                      But you have not been given the facts

The crap spouted by the remain team was no better or worse than the crap spouted by the leave team.

So in my opinion you made a decision that it was better the devil you know.....

Comment

Working...
                      X