• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did I meet you yesterday.....?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    It was you then?

As for engaging with him; it was a packed train when I joined and the only free seat was the one next to him at the window. I was a captive audience for his xenophobia. My shaved head, goaty beard and tattoos probably made him think my views were like his. I may look like a Chelsea headhunter, but as you say, my views are not!

You'd have liked him; he was full of bulltulip stories too. Although he only claimed to have single handedly won hockey games, rather than save us all from those pesky Russians.
    You expended over another half an hour to come up with that turgid rebuttal? Should have saved your time. It was like being strafed by soap bubbles!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My shaved head, goaty beard and tattoos probably made him think my views were like his.
      More likely it was your slack-jawed gormless expression and your propensity to lick the windows.

Ye Gods, not only do you insist upon repetitively showing yourself up on here to be a benighted bird-brained wurzel, you have really gone to town by supplementing the whole business by dressing to unimpress as well!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        You expended over another half an hour to come up with that turgid rebuttal? Should have saved your time. It was like being strafed by soap bubbles!

It may take you half an hour to write 2 paragraphs, but for those of us with an education past the age of 16, we can formulate sentences much faster.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

More likely it was your slack-jawed gormless expression and your propensity to lick the windows.

Ye Gods, not only do you insist upon repetitively showing yourself up on here to be a benighted bird-brained wurzel, you have really gone to town by supplementing the whole business by dressing to unimpress as well!

And you accuse me of being a keyboard warrior. Irony really does pass you by

Seems my little story of the xenophobic, Brexit voting train traveler really has touched a nerve with you hasn't it? Was it like looking in a mirror and realising how stupid you are?

Comment

Right so you in a really rather bigoted manner spoke to someone for a few minutes and decided that person is now a gammon.

Once you have labelled them you can now demonise them and all the traits a gammon has can now be attributed to that human being next to you.

And also now he has a label it is acceptable to ignore his opinions.

Jeezus fooking Christ on a bike.

I know what you are trying to do but this is a classic case if institutionalised discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Right so you in a really rather bigoted manner spoke to someone for a few minutes and decided that person is now a gammon.

Once you have labelled them you can now demonise them and all the traits a gammon has can now be attributed to that human being next to you.

I know what you are trying to do but this is a classic case if institutionalised discrimination.
              We had Dumb earlier, now we have Dumber

Ok dimwit, at which point did I call him a gammon. Go on, read all my postings again and feel free to quote where I called him a gammon. A xenophobe yes, but this was based on the fact that he was being xenophobic, but I never called him a gammon.

I wasn't talking to him for "a few minutes"; we were talking for over 90 minutes. I know quite a bit about him, from the places he used to live in London (well, technically Surrey as he is from Weighbridge but he worked a lot in London), to where his son goes to Poly (sorry, Uni) and the trade his younger son has taken an apprenticeship in. I know he is divorced. I know he has a partner now and she has a daughter. I know the village he lives in (he rents, as they haven't decided exactly where they want to finally settle in the west country). I know where he works (not going to name the company, but it's near Glastonbury). I know he is a Sales Director. I know he has worked in Dubai. I know where he grew up, and that he used to have a student nurse as a girlfriend. I know he played rugby, then switched to hockey. I know about his knee operation.

So yeah, just a couple of minutes and I made a snap judgement. You

You see, unlike you xenophobes, I do try to get to know the person I'm talking to before I make a judgement. I don't just look at the cover, I try to read the book.

As you were ..... next
              Last edited by Whorty; 9 December 2018, 19:23.

Comment

I do try to get to know the person I'm talking to before I make a judgement. I don't just look at the cover, I try to read the book.
                So having read this book (or at least having skimmed through a few of the photos), no doubt your views would have led you to strongly and openly debunk his rather parochial views, or did you just meekly bid him a cheery farewell then rush to your keyboard to denounce him?

What a fooking chickensh!t weasel. Are you related to alexei or just part-French?

Comment

So having read this book (or at least having skimmed through a few of the photos), no doubt your views would have led you to strongly and openly debunk his rather parochial views, or did you just meekly bid him a cheery farewell then rush to your keyboard to denounce him?

What a fooking chickensh!t weasel. Are you related to alexei or just part-French?

Typical for his toddler level of comprehension, he only looks at the pictures and doesn't read the text.

Comment

I see you as a crayon colouring book.Would only take me a minute to read you. You're a simpleton with no original ideas.

HTH - you're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Looks like our resident social justice warrior has been triggered. Time for your safe space!

Comment

Working...
                      X