• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greene King toasts 'Brexit boredom'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of the British public are getting “bored and annoyed” with Brexit and choosing to drown their sorrows down the pub, the boss of Greene King has said.

Speaking as the Bury St Edmunds brewer outperformed market expectations with half-year like-for-like sales growth of 2.7pc, chief executive Rooney Anand said: “I do think it is an enduring quality of the great British public that after a while we do get a bit hacked off with things and say: ‘Sod it, let’s go to the pub’. And if that is what is going on, bring it on.”

Boosted by a summer of record temperatures and England’s unexpected success at football’s World Cup, Greene King posted a 3.2pc rise in pre-tax profits to £127.7m.

I love the way the media is obsessed with Brexit. Pub sales are up, profits, are up, must be people drinking heavily due to Brexit.

FFS, get a ******* life, no one apart from you sad losers gives a tulip, Brexit is irrelevant to most normal people.

Comment

Oh it will be VERY relevant on Brexit Fools Day - 1 April 2019

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Oh it will be VERY relevant on Brexit Fools Day - 1 April 2019
        it Won't, you know, not even a little bit

Comment

Do Wetherspoons sell Greene King?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Do Wetherspoons sell Greene King?
            This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
            This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
            This other Eden, demi-paradise,
            This fortress built by Nature for herself
            Against infection and the hand of war,
            This happy breed of men, this little world,
            This precious stone set in the silver sea,
            Which serves it in the office of a wall
            Or as a moat defensive to a house,
            Against the envy of less happier lands,
            This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England
            This Abbot drinking paradise
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I love the way the media is obsessed with Brexit. Pub sales are up, profits, are up, must be people drinking heavily due to Brexit.

FFS, get a ******* life, no one apart from you sad losers gives a tulip, Brexit is irrelevant to most normal people.

You fool!!!

According to the EXPERTS your wealth will disappear, the south of England will be a car park and your todger will fall off!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Pub sales are up, profits, are up, must be people drinking heavily due to Brexit.
                That'll be all the celebration over new found freedoms.

Brexit is irrelevant to most normal people.
                Good one.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Brexit is irrelevant to most normal people.
                  Excellent. You won't mind if we cancel it, then?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You fool!!!

According to the EXPERTS your wealth will disappear, the south of England will be a car park and your todger will fall off!
                    The rest I can deal with. But my todger falling off!!!!! That's it...I want to be a remainer

Comment

Working...
                    X