• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Carnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You really are a... one of the stand-out patronising smug "I'm cleverer than you" remainers on this forum.
    Look Platypus, the rest of us were quietly going about our everyday business when you and your cronies carried out a vicious, unprovoked attack on us, our lifestyles and the futures of our children. You did it out of stupidity, vanity, recklessness and selfishness. Now the forces of democracy have pushed you all to the ground, don't look up and expect sympathy. None of you has shown the slightest crumb of remorse.
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      Look Platypus, the rest of us were quietly going about our everyday business when you and your cronies carried out a vicious, unprovoked attack on us, our lifestyles and the futures of our children. You did it out of stupidity, vanity, recklessness and selfishness. Now the forces of democracy have pushed you all to the ground, don't look up and expect sympathy. None of you has shown the slightest crumb of remorse.
      You seem to misunderstand democracy.

It is not about you getting what you want - it is about the will of the majority.

You really have gone full snowflake with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        You seem to misunderstand democracy.

It is not about you getting what you want - it is about the will of the majority.

You really have gone full snowflake with this one.
        Indeed. Looks like a 2nd referendum will be the only way out of the impasse.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I look forward to a second referendum not because I'm against a "no deal" Brexit but simply for some immense entertainment from outraged Brexiteers. It will be interesting to see if they follow through on their threats for "civil disobedience". I suspect that there will be nothing more than outraged comments online. Some of them have promised to never vote again.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 December 2018, 09:12.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I look forward to a second referendum not because I'm against a "no deal" Brexit but simply for some immense entertainment from outraged Brexiteers. It will be interesting to see if they follow through on their threats for "civil disobedience". I suspect that there will be nothing more than outraged comments online. Some of them have promised to never vote again.

If Tommy Robinson is organizing any march(is he still organizing the ukip brexit march next Sunday?) then very few will turn up.

Comment

Indeed I think there will be another referendum - maybe we should set one for 15 years in the future - and we can then vote to see if we want to apply for membership of the EU.

Or maybe we should wait another 43 years (think the last time we voted on joining the EEC was '73 but could be wrong?)

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Indeed I think there will be another referendum - maybe we should set one for 15 years in the future - and we can then vote to see if we want to apply for membership of the EU.

Or maybe we should wait another 43 years (think the last time we voted on joining the EEC was '73 but could be wrong?)

What do you think?
                We will almost certainly have one now to break the impasse.
                We could also have one in 15 years time.
                It's democracy
                Last edited by sasguru; 3 December 2018, 09:19.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

We will almost certainly have one now to break the impasse.
                  We could also have one in 15 years time.
                  It's democracy
                  Indeed there is no limit to how many referendums you can have. Quebec had two referendums before they decided it was settled. I imagine Scotland will have a second one as well at some point. If there is a snap election and Labour supported by the SNP take over there will almost definitely be a second referendum. Some Tories have already stated they would leave the Tory party if Boris takes over, and that would mean a GE. Nigel Farage was ready to fight for a second one if it had been a close remain win.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The thing that killed "real Brexit" was the last GE. Brexiteers need to understand that. The Tories failed to get the majority they needed to push Brexit through.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      The thing that killed "real Brexit" was the last GE. Brexiteers need to understand that. The Tories failed to get the majority they needed to push Brexit through.

You mean the people were expressing their opinion in a democratic vote?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X