• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Carnage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original PM
    replied
    Ahem

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...er-news-3.html

Or maybe Martin does not know his arse from his elbow financailly as well?

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by thecontractingkidd View Post
    My personal favourite Band of England I'd say was The Animals.

Carney is a moron but when his sole shareholder says jump he's worked out that that's probably a good idea.
    Yeah, he's a moron

Carney graduated from Harvard in 1988 with a bachelor's degree with high honours in economics, before postgraduate studies at the University of Oxford at St Peter's College and Nuffield College, where he received masters and doctoral degrees in the same field in 1993 and 1995, respectively.
    Tell us what your qualifications are, so we can understand your context of calling someone else a moron....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Carney is a moron but when his sole shareholder says jump he's worked out that that's probably a good idea.

But do you know the difference between the Bank of England and the Treasury? It appears you either don't through wilful neglect or sheer stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• thecontractingkidd
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You do know the difference between the Band of England and the Treasury, don't you?

Last edited by thecontractingkidd; 29 November 2018, 12:11.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    It's complete rubbish. His statistics suggest it will actually be worse than ww2, which is ludicrous.

See here for a partially complete list of the flawed assumptions made to come to those figures:
    Treasury Modelling Based Off Nonsense Assumptions - Guido Fawkes
    You do know the difference between the Band of England and the Treasury, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I think maybe the state news agency could become a reality but printing the truth - we all know that ain't gonna happen.
    Really?

But then I think you know that!
    You don't say?

To you "irony" means "like iron", doesn't it.

Leave a comment:

• thecontractingkidd
    replied
    It's complete rubbish. His statistics suggest it will actually be worse than ww2, which is ludicrous.

See here for a partially complete list of the flawed assumptions made to come to those figures:
    Treasury Modelling Based Off Nonsense Assumptions - Guido Fawkes

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Can't wait for Corbyn to abolish the free press so we have a state news agency that only prints the truth.

That's what Trump is proposing for America.
    Trump says US should launch state TV network | The Daily Republic

(In case you don't like that source, here's the POTUS himself saying it:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067142819008122885

So it should be a popular idea with all the Trump-loving Brexiters.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSharp
    replied
    Well I for one find it irritating that the DM, well any of the papers, perhaps the Indy and the Guardian are the worst, can just print lies or misrepresent the facts so badly. You may well laugh, but this scares the flippin bejesus out of people, especially the stupid and the old, and it's so bloody irresponsible there should be a law against it.

It's like the Express's annual story "arctic winter worst for a million years, thousands of vulnerable people will freeze to death" probably scares more people to death than the cold kills

Can't wait for Corbyn to abolish the free press so we have a state news agency that only prints the truth
    The BBC did once print the truth before it wen't all E.U and London centric.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Well I for one find it irritating that the DM, well any of the papers, perhaps the Indy and the Guardian are the worst, can just print lies or misrepresent the facts so badly. You may well laugh, but this scares the flippin bejesus out of people, especially the stupid and the old, and it's so bloody irresponsible there should be a law against it.

It's like the Express's annual story "arctic winter worst for a million years, thousands of vulnerable people will freeze to death" probably scares more people to death than the cold kills

Can't wait for Corbyn to abolish the free press so we have a state news agency that only prints the truth.
    I think maybe the state news agency could become a reality but printing the truth - we all know that ain't gonna happen.

But then I think you know that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X