• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are Brexiters such cretins?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    QED

Do you even know what QED means? If so, you might want to use it in context next time.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Reading the interminable new threads on here, I repeat my earlier contention - why are Brexiters such imbecilic morons?
      I reckon Mr Blobby is a Brexiter.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-punch-up.html

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        TBF, I thought that was Bojo ......
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          “You just wonder what has been going on for two years, how they could possibly after two years of so-called hard negotiations that the Prime Minister speaks about could end up with something like this."

Maybe she needs to ask her fellow Brexiters, aka Davies and Raab, as they led the negotiations right up until the end when May had to step in to ensure we had some kind of deal by the deadline.
          It's very, very, very well known in Westminster and publicly that the Davies and Raab were not leading the negotiations and had very little say. Olly Robins was, an out of touch, oxford educated public servant who was a europhile since is oxford days:
          He studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Hertford College, Oxford.[1] He graduated from the University of Oxford with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1996.[6] At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union.[7]

Comment

It really is remarkable the drivel people who claim to be intelligent will believe if it comes from 'experts' or people in high office. Current deal isn't a surrender and won't get through parliament, it removes all the benefits of leaving and keeps all the worst bits of staying. WTO is better than this. By the way, we could trade with the EU tomorrow on WTO terms.

Comment

Originally posted by thecontractingkidd View Post
              By the way, we could trade with the EU tomorrow on WTO terms.
              Yep, just a click of a button, and all the financial systems set up for dealing with export/import trade will automatically update.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's very, very, very well known in Westminster and publicly that the Davies and Raab were not leading the negotiations and had very little say. Olly Robins was, an out of touch, oxford educated public servant who was a europhile since is oxford days:
                He studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at Hertford College, Oxford.[1] He graduated from the University of Oxford with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1996.[6] At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union.[7]
                Ah, so a May lapdog, intent on delivering an untenable deal which means we'll have to stay because it's got more holes than Fulham's back four?

Certainly explains the current situation. She should be tried for treason.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It really is remarkable the drivel people who claim to be intelligent will believe if it comes from 'experts' or people in high office. Current deal isn't a surrender and won't get through parliament, it removes all the benefits of leaving and keeps all the worst bits of staying. WTO is better than this. By the way, we could trade with the EU tomorrow on WTO terms.
                  No, we can't, and if you don't know why not, you shouldn't be making these claims.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    No, we can't, and if you don't know why not, you shouldn't be making these claims.
                    Well, technically he’s right and we can. We are already members of the WTO in our own right, and although we have unratified schedules this is a minor point that wouldn’t prevent trade.

What he seems to be missing though is the down side of trading ONLY on WTO rules with no supporting trade or trade facilitation agreements. It means that we would be on MFN status, having the largest tariffs applied to all of our exports to every country that we export to. Rules of Origin would mean that we can’t export certain things (cars, etc). Recognition of qualifications would mean that our heavy goods haulers would no longer be able to operate. Regulatory and phytosanitary checks would need to apply to all of our exports.

But sure, we ‘could’ trade now on WTO rules.

Comment

You’re mixing up Accountability and Responsibility.

Davies was Accountable for the Brexit negotiations for 2 years, during which time he turned up for around 4 hours in total. Within that 2 years he never once said that he was not leading the negotiations. On top of that he’s regularly shown himself to be as thick as mince (whatever happened to him going direct to Berlin to negotiate, like he said he would?)

Perhaps if Brexiter MPs weren’t lying, workshy layabouts that seem to run away at the first sign of having to actually come up with a plan and implement it, then we might have had something more workable.

Or perhaps there is no version of Brexit that delivers what you were promised. After two years we’ve only seen hot air and moaning from the Brexiters and no actual detailed alternative plan.

Comment

Working...
                      X