• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Dream Team

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit Dream Team

With the finger-pointing starting from Brexiters already (“not my Brexit”, “incompetent government”, “too many Remainers in cabinet”, etc), perhaps the Brexiters could put together their Dream Team of a working party that could have got “their” Brexit over the line?

Doesn’t even have to be single-party, just the best of the best.

Here’s mine. Only the Creme de la creme.

PM: Boris Johnson, of course. ***** business.
    Deputy PM: Michael Gove, always a strong supporter of BoJo
    Finance: Jacob Rees-Mogg. Runs a hedge fund, can be trusted with the finances of an entire country and can be guaranteed not to raise taxes or increase benefits. Poor people should just get a job.
    Trade: Disgraced Former Defence Minister Liam Fox. Has done a sterling job so far after two years in the job, no further proof needed.
    Brexit Secretary: jointly between Davis and Raab, with Davis propping up the bar while Raab carries his folders and sweats a lot. They have the experience and gravitas to pull the wool over Barnier’s eyes without May interfering.
    Foreign Secretary: Kate Hoey for cross-party support. At least she knows where Norn Iron is. Oh, hang on, that’s not a foreign place.

Any others? Where is this Brexit dream team that would have done the job “properly”?

Well that was a lot of finger work for little return

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      That’s the spirit! Glad to see you’re fully behind Mrs May and the best Withdrawal Agreement that we could have got.

Comment

Yeh, it Was, rather .

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Yeh, it Was, rather .
          2 for 2 so far, nice to see that bridges are being built and we are gaining a consensus that the current government is the best we have and the Withdrawal Agreement is the best they could negotiate.

Comment

You sound like my wife ....
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Shauny as tea boy.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                2 for 2 so far, nice to see that bridges are being built and we are gaining a consensus that the current government is the best we have and the Withdrawal Agreement is the best they could negotiate.
                which is Not what i said

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  which is Not what i said
                  I took it as the implication. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Shauny as tea boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X