• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit Dream Team

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit Dream Team"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    I took it as the implication. :-)
    Aye, - right

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Shauny as tea boy.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    which is Not what i said
    I took it as the implication. :-)

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    2 for 2 so far, nice to see that bridges are being built and we are gaining a consensus that the current government is the best we have and the Withdrawal Agreement is the best they could negotiate.
    which is Not what i said

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Shauny as tea boy.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well that was a lot of finger work for little return
    You sound like my wife ....

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Yeh, it Was, rather .
    2 for 2 so far, nice to see that bridges are being built and we are gaining a consensus that the current government is the best we have and the Withdrawal Agreement is the best they could negotiate.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Yeh, it Was, rather .

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    That’s the spirit! Glad to see you’re fully behind Mrs May and the best Withdrawal Agreement that we could have got.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    started a topic Brexit Dream Team

Brexit Dream Team

With the finger-pointing starting from Brexiters already (“not my Brexit”, “incompetent government”, “too many Remainers in cabinet”, etc), perhaps the Brexiters could put together their Dream Team of a working party that could have got “their” Brexit over the line?

Doesn’t even have to be single-party, just the best of the best.

Here’s mine. Only the Creme de la creme.

PM: Boris Johnson, of course. ***** business.
    Deputy PM: Michael Gove, always a strong supporter of BoJo
    Finance: Jacob Rees-Mogg. Runs a hedge fund, can be trusted with the finances of an entire country and can be guaranteed not to raise taxes or increase benefits. Poor people should just get a job.
    Trade: Disgraced Former Defence Minister Liam Fox. Has done a sterling job so far after two years in the job, no further proof needed.
    Brexit Secretary: jointly between Davis and Raab, with Davis propping up the bar while Raab carries his folders and sweats a lot. They have the experience and gravitas to pull the wool over Barnier’s eyes without May interfering.
    Foreign Secretary: Kate Hoey for cross-party support. At least she knows where Norn Iron is. Oh, hang on, that’s not a foreign place.

Any others? Where is this Brexit dream team that would have done the job “properly”?

Working...
X