• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU rejects time-limited backstop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which means when Parliament gets tied in knots with the deal, which it hasn't even begun to negotiate, that effectively the UK stays in the EU unless there is a deal which the EU will drag out indefinitely.

I thought there was going to be BRINO, but it's worse than that, BRINO will become a distant unachievable dream, bucket of vomit whatever you want to call it; it will be indefinite membership of the EU.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Which means when Parliament gets tied in knots with the deal, which it hasn't even begun to negotiate, that effectively the UK stays in the EU unless there is a deal which the EU will drag out indefinitely.

I thought there was going to be BRINO, but it's worse than that, BRINO will become a distant unachievable dream, bucket of vomit whatever you want to call it; it will be indefinite membership of the EU.

That's an awfully long-winded way to say you have no idea what the end-state of affairs will be isn't it?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      That's an awfully long-winded way to say you have no idea what the end-state of affairs will be isn't it?
      It's simply a long winded way of saying it could be anything between interminable membership of the EU as a vassal state or Chequers (bucket of vomit).

what it won't be is "Canada plus".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's simply a long winded way of saying it could be anything between interminable membership of the EU as a vassal state or Chequers (bucket of vomit).

what it won't be is "Canada plus".

Sorry, I don't even try to keep up with what you think the end-state will be, as it's changed quite a bit over time and you keep getting it wrong.

HTH BIDI

♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Sorry, I don't even try to keep up with what you think the end-state will be, as it's changed quite a bit over time and you keep getting it wrong.

HTH BIDI

The end state is BRINO, always has been always will be. I've never suggested that the end state will be Canada plus or no deal.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

HTH BIDI

So exactly what is the end state as it keeps changing over time, will there be one? BB isn't getting it wrong at all because if there isn't a known one, well he could be getting it right each time as it keeps changing....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              I thought there was going to be BRINO, but it's worse than that, BRINO will become a distant unachievable dream

The end state is BRINO, always has been always will be. I've never suggested that the end state will be Canada plus or no deal.
              Couldn't even keep consistent in the same thread?
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                So exactly what is the end state as it keeps changing over time, will there be one? BB isn't getting it wrong at all because if there isn't a known one, well he could be getting it right each time as it keeps changing....
                Oh, so what 'changed' between his post #1 and post #5 -I've done the needful in my post above this one - do you see the paradox?

HTH BIDI
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Oh, so what 'changed' between his post #1 and post #5 -I've done the needful in my post above this one - do you see the paradox?

HTH BIDI
                  You'll have to bear with darmy. He is glacially slow on the uptake.....

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

HTH BIDI
                    his second brain cell died?

and yes I did that on purpose
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X