• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brexit debate simplified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brexit debate simplified

Leaver: "Wah, wah. You lost, get over it!"
    Remainer: "Could you tell me what the benefits will be?"
    Leaver: "I don't like the EU."
    Remainer: "OK, but that's not a benefit."
    Leaver: "Why don't you tell me what the benefits are?"
    Remainer: "I didn't vote to leave, the onus is on you. You're avoiding the question."
    Leaver: "This is getting boring" Shrugs and wanders off.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Leaver: "Wah, wah. You lost, get over it!"
    Remainer: "Could you tell me what the benefits will be?"
    Leaver: "I don't like the EU."
    Remainer: "OK, but that's not a benefit."
    Leaver: "Why don't you tell me what the benefits are?"
    Remainer: "I didn't vote to leave, the onus is on you. You're avoiding the question."
    Leaver: "This is getting boring" Shrugs and wanders off.
    Without exception, every Brexiter I have questioned, it always boils down to immigration. Having said that, more than half od Brexiters I know have changed their minds to remain.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Without exception, every Brexiter I have questioned, it always boils down to immigration. Having said that, more than half od Brexiters I know have changed their minds to remain.
      The only Brexiteer I know was motivated partly by immigration and partly by a dislike of gay marriage.

Comment

The few that I have talked to, or at least admitted it (the shame), it has been immigration, straight bananas and the decline of the North!
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The ones I know it's almost always immigration. They think by coming out of the EU there will be less Muslim immigrants from war torn countries.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The only staunch Brexiter I knew committed suicide last month. Male person in his 60s London born.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The only staunch Brexiter I knew committed suicide last month. Male person in his 60s London born.
              You didn't drop in unannounced did you?
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

For me, it was the uncontrolled immigration of non-straight (i.e. gay) bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  You didn't drop in unannounced did you?
                  More the prospect of another weekend of joyless vanilla anal sex in the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    More the prospect of another weekend of joyless vanilla anal sex in the Thistle Hotel Heathrow.

Oh he propositioned you as well? It was slightly less attractive than cleaning MF's unmentionables when he arrived in Brussels I turned the contract down I believe they got a Mod to help (Wipe The Front Hole or something). I got offered the Brussels job as well but I let AssGoo get his dream job!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X