• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks hit real problem - hard Brexit here we come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit talks hit real problem - hard Brexit here we come!

Brexit talks hit 'real problem' over Northern Ireland border - BBC News

"The Democratic Unionist Party has vowed to oppose any new checks on goods passing between Great Britain and Northern Ireland. And the party's Brexit spokesman has said the prospect of a no-deal Brexit is "probably inevitable"."

No shit Sherlock, Teresa promising a soft border last year has led to a problem? Who'd a thunk it?

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The irony of it all is that hard Brexit also means hard border.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      The irony of it all is that hard Brexit also means hard border.
      Only on the side of mean EU!

Brexiteers demand EU adops an open borders policy!

Comment

Sorry to spoil the party but this is just a "pretend breakdown".

Breakdown in negotiations simply showmanship before the UK caves in at the last minute

I'm alright Jack

Comment

The deal is done and dusted but they're acting out a bit of pre-agreed brinkmanship with a small cosmetic concession already in the pipeline to "impress" the Brexiteers of the "tough stance".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The deal is done and dusted but they're acting out a bit of pre-agreed brinkmanship with a small cosmetic concession already in the pipeline to "impress" the Brexiteers of the "tough stance".

I thought of that, but it's risky - does she have the majority to push through BRINO?
            I hope it fails, Brexiters should get what they want, otherwise we'll have to put up with more of their whining.
            Mind you they'll whine even more when a hard Brexit hits them in the solar plexus, so I'm afraid we can't avoid it
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I thought of that, but it's risky - does she have the majority to push through BRINO?
              I hope it fails, Brexiters should get what they want, otherwise we'll have to put up with more of their whining.
              Mind you they'll whine even more when a hard Brexit hits them in the solar plexus, so I'm afraid we can't avoid it
              I assume she'll try and push a deal through.

interesting times.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I assume she'll try and push a deal through.

interesting times.

Keep an eye on what happens on Wednesday evening ....

Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tax increases in new Budget just couple weeks away from "pro-Business" Tory Scum...

I hope waldork will be around to tell us that taxes would have been higher under Labour...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Tax increases in new Budget just couple weeks away from "pro-Business" Tory Scum...

I hope waldork will be around to tell us that taxes would have been higher under Labour...
                    It'll be as nothing compared to what will happen as Brexit collapses the economy and everyone votes Labour in desperation
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X