• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK on the brink of recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK on the brink of recession

Economy heading for the worst year since the crash

After official figures revealed zero growth in GDP in August, the EY Item Club said the economy would struggle to recover in the final months of the year owing to the increasing likelihood of Britain crashing out of the EU in less than six months’ time.
    Down down deeper and down.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Like I keep saying, if the worst effect of Brexit is to reduce the Uk's trend growth rate from 2.x% (its post war trend growth rate) to 1.x% (its growth rate since 2016), that would be bad enough.
    I suspect there will be worse effects though
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Like I keep saying, if the worst effect of Brexit is to reduce the Uk's trend growth rate from 2.x% (its post war trend growth rate) to 1.x% (its growth rate since 2016), that would be bad enough. I suspect there will be worse effects though
      Brexiteers are too stupid to give a flying monkey about GDP growth.

Problem is that future tax spending was done on the basis of economy growing at higher rate and now increased spending demands higher taxes, plus even higher taxes to make up for lost tax income.

And that's under Tory Scum pro-Business Govt, what kind of taxes are going to be under Labour?

Comment

The UK has the 2nd worst balance sheet in Europe, with only Portugal having a worse one and ours is declining faster than theirs.

Hopefully the jam and tea exports to Peru will solve that problem.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Portugal got sasguru now, so they will be ok...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Portugal got sasguru now, so we will be ok without him dragging us down...

FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Ass guru is renting in London...or is it a big house in "leafy Surrey"....or is it Brussels....or is it Portugal...

I think personally he's still above the kebab shop in Lewisham tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Ass guru is renting in London...or is it a big house in "leafy Surrey"....or is it Brussels....or is it Portugal...

close but no cigar

Broadmoor Hospital - Wikipedia
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

HMP Wandsworth - he smuggles in mobile phones to relax chatting with his pals on CUK...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Some of us are dynamic and have in-demand skills.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X