• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M26 Closed... Due to Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M26 Closed... Due to Brexit

No-deal Brexit planning shuts M26 overnight - BBC News

M26 closed... due to Brexit

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

«The M26 in Kent is being shut overnight while work is done to see if it can be used as a "parking lot" for lorries, in the event of a no-deal Brexit.»

So they don’t know how M26 looks like?

Just use M25 - it’s a car park anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      shhhh, don't upset the Brexiters
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Just use M25 - it’s a car park anyway...
        That's the overflow carpark

Comment

Ironically Tonbridge & Malling voted for Brexit; now they are whinging.

Update:
          M26 traffic: Kent motorway CLOSED to prepare for Brexit no deal lorry park | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The Kent motorway closure infuriated the local Tory MP Tom Tugendhat who said he had not been told.
          He fumed at the Transport Secretary Chris Grayling for keeping him in the dark.
          The MP for Tunbridge and Malling said in the Commons on Thursday: “It comes to a pretty pass when an MP is told that work is going on to turn part of a motorway into a lorry park.

The motorway closures are scheduled from 10pm on Thursday until 5:30pm Monday, and then again from 10pm until 5pm between November 19 and December 21.

The development plans are dubbed ‘Operation Brock’ by the Department of Transport and will ensure that queues of thousands of trucks can be handled efficiently in the event freight will not be able to get through the ports after the UK leaves the EU.
          Brexiters decided that we all jump without a parachute and on the way down they have not come up with a solution
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Project fear, it isn't really closed.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit in a nutshell:"We want to take back control of our border!!!"..."Why do we have to check our border???"
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes I always find planning for the future is a bad idea

Better to wander around spouting bollocks and waving my cock around would you not agree?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Better to wander around spouting bollocks and waving my cock around
                  That seems to be Boris's tactic

Comment

One good thing that may come of this is the report says the planning is for installation of gates in the central reservation.

I've long wondered why they don't have the foresight to do this at regular intervals on motorways so when the inevitable crash leads to a lengthy closure they can easily divert the stuck traffic back down the other side via a gate in the central reservation.

Make it so.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                    X