• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Penny dropping for Dales farmers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    You do realise that the farming communities voted out and that these are Brexiters moaning.
    Diversify or die. Time that we stopped mollycoddling a farming community that has become way too dependent on the crazy handouts that the bumbling bureaucrats in Brussels have convinced them is the way to go.

They essentially have a captive audience here on these islands, particularly important if the continentals are going to start introducing tariffs for exports.

They need to gauge their target market and grow or breed whatever livestock and foodstuffs most appeals to it.

Let market forces define their produce choices and there will be no looking back.

We need to break this dependency culture that virtually enslaves farmers and has them spending most of their waking hours poring over EU guidelines looking for the next absurd handout. Back on your tractors boys and get those crops planted...........you know it makes sense.

Whatever we cannot sell we pass to China.................those fookers will eat any old junk!

!!For those of a Bremoaning nature, this post may contain some ideas that may cause distress!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      The key issue was that we had run down agriculture because we can get our food cheaper from abroad. There is no reason we cannot be self sufficient.
      So as a leaver, you'll be standing tall, putting your money where your mouth is and investing in a farm business to help the country become self sufficient?

No? I thought not. As always you'll be expecting others to take on the risk to bail you out.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Diversify or die. Time that we stopped mollycoddling a farming community that has become way too dependent on the crazy handouts that the bumbling bureaucrats in Brussels have convinced them is the way to go.

They essentially have a captive audience here on these islands, particularly important if the continentals are going to start introducing tariffs for exports.

They need to gauge their target market and grow or breed whatever livestock and foodstuffs most appeals to it.

Let market forces define their produce choices and there will be no looking back.

We need to break this dependency culture that virtually enslaves farmers and has them spending most of their waking hours poring over EU guidelines looking for the next absurd handout. Back on your tractors boys and get those crops planted...........you know it makes sense.

Whatever we cannot sell we pass to China.................those fookers will eat any old junk!

!!For those of a Bremoaning nature, this post may contain some ideas that may cause distress!!

Same question to you as to Vetran .. you will be putting your hand in your pocket to improve the farming sector in this country or will you be wanting others to bail you out and take the risk.

You talk a good solution with great (actually, they're not, but I'll humour you) ideas but I don't see you doing anything about delivering any of them. All mouth and no trousers my little friend, that's what you are.

If your ideas are so valid, and you are so cock sure of them, then put your money where your mouth is and start to deliver. I'm just a thick remoaner and can't understand how your ideas will work, but I'll tell you what, you invest a million and kick start us off and I'll match you once you're making a success of it. Can't say fairer than that.

Comment

I'm just a thick remoaner and can't understand how your ideas will work, Can't say fairer than that.
          For clarity I have sifted out the only parts of your dreary little rant that made any sense.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Jeez even by your standards that's muppetry of the first order.
            Where do you think sheep graze? Do you think the farmers keep them in their living rooms and feed them steak?
            You need to get out of Slough occasionally.
            ah you read the LSE article, realised it contradicted you so decided to insult everyone.
            Last edited by vetran; 19 September 2018, 15:57.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

And in other news, we are a nation of 65 million that is unable to be self-sufficient in terms of food supply (allegedly).
              If you cut down on the pies it would be a start.

Comment

For clarity I have sifted out the only parts of your dreary little rant that made any sense.

HTH

Yes, I was aware that was a gimmie

Just a shame you're not brave enough to back up your ideas. But, it's easier to pretend you know what you're talking about when you don't have to back it up.

Comment

Just a shame you're not brave enough to back up your ideas.
                  I never chose to be a farmer. If I had opted for that lifestyle I would be only too happy to embrace change. One doesn't have to be an astronaut to know that the moon is not made of cheese. You do KNOW that it is not made of cheese don't you?

Poor old Whorty...........I expect you imagine yourself to be some sort of hipsterised Peaky Blinder when in reality you are a much better fit for Benny from Crossroads.

Comment

shauny, you do smell like one

Comment

I never chose to be a farmer. If I had opted for that lifestyle I would be only too happy to embrace change. One doesn't have to be an astronaut to know that the moon is not made of cheese.
                      You do realise you don't NEED to be a farmer to advise the sector. You clearly have all the answers, so why not use this obvious intelligence and expertise and sell this to the farming sector? You've convinced me you have all the answers so it shouldn't be that hard for you to sell these ideas to the Dale farmers.

Or, if you are so cock sure that you know everything and how these farmers can diversify, why not offer your services for free for a cut of the extra profit they will make from your great ideas? You're a genius, you'll make a killing. Go for it my son

Rather than trolling, prove how wrong we are, blaze a trail for intelligent Brexiters (struggled to write that without laughing).

No? Thought not.

Comment

Working...
                      X