• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global central banks poised to dump sterling and euros in a Brexit bust-up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    You mean you're not going to put it all in Bitcoin and start living on a mega-yacht when we see a US $100K BTC by the end of the year?
    I enjoy maintaining multiple income streams. It's a wealthy thing, don't ask.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      To be honest I have no idea. I also have no influence over this as the global financial institutions will do what they want to do with the currency speculation market with the sole aim of making money. Therefore as I have no influence over the outcome it so is not worth my time worrying about it. I had my vote at the referendum. That was my chance to influence the future direction of our country. The result was declared through the democratic process. The country made it decision and for better or worse ( and nobody knows what the answer is - better or worse) we now have to deal with it.

However, our democratic process has worked against us during the negotiations. The EU came to the table with a single unified plan, we on the other hand were (and are) still disputing the referendum result and therefore were too busy fighting across political parties and within all political parties instead of presenting the same unified front back to the EU. We were and always have been on the back foot during these negotiations. We should have played the stuff it and walk out card much earlier when there was still time to come back to the table and talk.
      Some of us know what the end-product of Brexit will be. It's obvious.
      We'll come back and say "told you so" when it happens.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Some of us know what the end-product of Brexit will be. It's obvious.
        We'll come back and say "told you so" when it happens.
        Great. Can you also have a look in that crystal ball of yours and let me know what tonights lottery numbers will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          https://www.poundsterlingforecast.co...o-deal-brexit/

There we have it, the choice is economic meltdown or become a vassal state.

As you are talking about the EU you mean vassal states.

Comment

Great. Can you also have a look in that crystal ball of yours and let me know what tonights lottery numbers will be.
            As I thought, you seem to have a cognitive deficit.
            This is shown by your equating an outcome that can be predicted in large part from causal effects with a completely random event.
            I am as sure that Brexit will make Britain poorer as I am sure that I can't predict the lottery.

HTH, BIDI, TSITH*

*The stupidity is too high
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              As I thought, you seem to have a cognitive deficit.
              This is shown by your equating an outcome that can be predicted in large part from causal effects with a completely random event.
              Damn and they have always told us that the lottery draw was random.

Comment

Damn and they have always told us that the lottery draw was random.
                Like I said TSITH

Anyway all you need to know with regard to the topic of this thread is here:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ad-brexit.html
                Last edited by sasguru; 29 August 2018, 13:04.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The article is in one of the most pro-Brexit papers out there. The tag "Project Fear" is normally used by Brexit supporters to talk about those who wanted to remain in the EU, but now you're saying it actually refers to Brexit.
                  Sounds like newspeak to me.
                  «Project Fear” for Brexiters is like “Fake News” for Trump -hard truth they don’t like

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I enjoy maintaining multiple income streams. It's a wealthy thing, don't ask.
                    At current prices, a $100k BTC at the end of the year is a 14.45x increase in value. Assuming you get £450k for your pad in Scotland, that works out at £6.5M if you put it all in bitcoin. There's maintaining multiple income streams and maintaining multiple income streams.

It's almost like you aren't 100% sure it's going to hit $100k......
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X