• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Global central banks poised to dump sterling and euros in a Brexit bust-up"

Collapse

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I enjoy maintaining multiple income streams. It's a wealthy thing, don't ask.
    At current prices, a $100k BTC at the end of the year is a 14.45x increase in value. Assuming you get £450k for your pad in Scotland, that works out at £6.5M if you put it all in bitcoin. There's maintaining multiple income streams and maintaining multiple income streams.

It's almost like you aren't 100% sure it's going to hit $100k......

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The article is in one of the most pro-Brexit papers out there. The tag "Project Fear" is normally used by Brexit supporters to talk about those who wanted to remain in the EU, but now you're saying it actually refers to Brexit.
    Sounds like newspeak to me.
    «Project Fear” for Brexiters is like “Fake News” for Trump -hard truth they don’t like

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Damn and they have always told us that the lottery draw was random.
    Like I said TSITH

Anyway all you need to know with regard to the topic of this thread is here:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/brex...ad-brexit.html
    Last edited by sasguru; 29 August 2018, 13:04.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    As I thought, you seem to have a cognitive deficit.
    This is shown by your equating an outcome that can be predicted in large part from causal effects with a completely random event.
    Damn and they have always told us that the lottery draw was random.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Great. Can you also have a look in that crystal ball of yours and let me know what tonights lottery numbers will be.
    As I thought, you seem to have a cognitive deficit.
    This is shown by your equating an outcome that can be predicted in large part from causal effects with a completely random event.
    I am as sure that Brexit will make Britain poorer as I am sure that I can't predict the lottery.

HTH, BIDI, TSITH*

*The stupidity is too high

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    https://www.poundsterlingforecast.co...o-deal-brexit/

There we have it, the choice is economic meltdown or become a vassal state.

As you are talking about the EU you mean vassal states.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Some of us know what the end-product of Brexit will be. It's obvious.
    We'll come back and say "told you so" when it happens.
    Great. Can you also have a look in that crystal ball of yours and let me know what tonights lottery numbers will be.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    To be honest I have no idea. I also have no influence over this as the global financial institutions will do what they want to do with the currency speculation market with the sole aim of making money. Therefore as I have no influence over the outcome it so is not worth my time worrying about it. I had my vote at the referendum. That was my chance to influence the future direction of our country. The result was declared through the democratic process. The country made it decision and for better or worse ( and nobody knows what the answer is - better or worse) we now have to deal with it.

However, our democratic process has worked against us during the negotiations. The EU came to the table with a single unified plan, we on the other hand were (and are) still disputing the referendum result and therefore were too busy fighting across political parties and within all political parties instead of presenting the same unified front back to the EU. We were and always have been on the back foot during these negotiations. We should have played the stuff it and walk out card much earlier when there was still time to come back to the table and talk.
    Some of us know what the end-product of Brexit will be. It's obvious.
    We'll come back and say "told you so" when it happens.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    You mean you're not going to put it all in Bitcoin and start living on a mega-yacht when we see a US $100K BTC by the end of the year?
    I enjoy maintaining multiple income streams. It's a wealthy thing, don't ask.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Who mentioned immigration?
    Great, so we're in agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    dream on

Even if you stopped immigration the population will continue to increase, simply because old people don't die any more they just "bum around" causing huge costs. Cutting immigration will cause the working population to drop by around 250,000 every year even as the population increases.

Without immigration the UK will fail pretty quickly, which is why if you stop EU immigration, non-EU immigration will simply shoot up.

Brexit has only one effect, it will just make everyone poorer.
    Who mentioned immigration?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Short term fall. (mainly caused by dirty speculums riding the uncertainty wave)
    Long term gain. (mainly caused by the drop in population caused by the whinging bremoaners either ******** off elsewhere or topping themselves, leaving the strongest and fittest to rebuild and put the "Great" back into "Great Britain"!)
    dream on

Even if you stopped immigration the population will continue to increase, simply because old people don't die any more they just "bum around" causing huge costs. Cutting immigration will cause the working population to drop by around 250,000 every year even as the population increases.

Without immigration the UK will fail pretty quickly, which is why if you stop EU immigration, non-EU immigration will simply shoot up.

Brexit has only one effect, it will just make everyone poorer.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Why not use your own judgement?
    Given the evidence so far do you think Brexit (I mean a real one, what some people call a "hard" one) will lead to a rise or fall in Sterling?
    Short term fall. (mainly caused by dirty speculums riding the uncertainty wave)
    Long term gain. (mainly caused by the drop in population caused by the whinging bremoaners either ******** off elsewhere or topping themselves, leaving the strongest and fittest to rebuild and put the "Great" back into "Great Britain"!)

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Why not use your own judgement?
    Given the evidence so far do you think Brexit (I mean a real one, what some people call a "hard" one) will lead to a rise or fall in Sterling?
    To be honest I have no idea. I also have no influence over this as the global financial institutions will do what they want to do with the currency speculation market with the sole aim of making money. Therefore as I have no influence over the outcome it so is not worth my time worrying about it. I had my vote at the referendum. That was my chance to influence the future direction of our country. The result was declared through the democratic process. The country made it decision and for better or worse ( and nobody knows what the answer is - better or worse) we now have to deal with it.

However, our democratic process has worked against us during the negotiations. The EU came to the table with a single unified plan, we on the other hand were (and are) still disputing the referendum result and therefore were too busy fighting across political parties and within all political parties instead of presenting the same unified front back to the EU. We were and always have been on the back foot during these negotiations. We should have played the stuff it and walk out card much earlier when there was still time to come back to the table and talk.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Of course I might buy again in a few years when prices have corrected using my strong euro
    You mean you're not going to put it all in Bitcoin and start living on a mega-yacht when we see a US $100K BTC by the end of the year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X