• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU may force banking jobs away from UK after Brexit, warns City boss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU may force banking jobs away from UK after Brexit, warns City boss

Tougher demands by European Union regulators may force banks to shift more jobs to Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin than originally planned due to Brexit, a senior City executive has warned.

Tracy Clarke, Standard Chartered’s CEO for Europe and the Americas, said the bank has been waiting nearly nine months for EU officials to approve an operating licence that will turn its Frankfurt branch into a subsidiary, but regulators have yet to make a decision.

Clarke told the Press Association that German regulators, the European Banking Authority and the European Central Bank (ECB) have become increasingly strict, delaying a licence approval the bank expected in the spring.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...arns-city-boss

Traitor, get a job at the jam factory, loser!

More traitorous news from Ford.

Ford issue warning as profits fall be 600 mill due to Brexit

remoaners !

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Ford can fook right off, we'll just buy BMW and Audies!

Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Ford can fook right off, we'll just buy BMW and Audies!

Oh wait...
        its Dyson Electrics for you. I suppose its the new hairdressers car.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          its Dyson Electrics for you. I suppose its the new hairdressers car.
          Male sure you factor in the import tariffs on that.

There's no definitive word yet on where the car will be built, but Sir James revealed to Reuters last year: "Wherever we make the battery, we’ll make the car; that’s logical. So we want to be near our suppliers; we want to be in a place that welcomes us and is friendly to us, and where it is logistically most sensible. And we see a very large market for this car in the Far East.”

Comment

"we want to be in a place that welcomes us and is friendly to us"

So not in Britain then...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              "we want to be in a place that welcomes us and is friendly to us"

So not in Britain then...
              It’s a one-way lovein where he’s friendly and welcoming to Britain but only for the R&D grants and the CAP payments for his landholdings.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                It’s a one-way lovein where he’s friendly and welcoming to Britain but only for the R&D grants and the CAP payments for his landholdings.
                To be fair the Govt is total tulip when it comes to businesses - if I was foreign investor I would not have invested into Britain now even if Brexit was not on agenda.

There should have been massive duties on all tulip imports from Chuna, especially those who are on stolen IP - for at least 25-30 years, loss of manufacturing is key reason to Brexit and Trump

Comment

British manufacturing starved of investment drops to 9th place

Just wait until Bojo or Rees-Mogg take over the reins.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X