• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back from holiday - what's been going on in La-la land?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very refreshing break, although God, isn't western Europe hot!
    So what's happening with this Brexshit nonsense?

Time to walk away and take a refreshing dip in the bracing waters of WTO trade rules, what?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

The state of play:

Brexiteer MPs boil with rage whilst quizzing remoaning Civil servants

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Lol, if the DUP said it was raining I’d check outside to be certain.

They’re fixated on whether the EU (Ireland) would impose a border, and don’t bother to think whether or not the U.K. will also be required to patrol a border if there is no deal.

Comment

So what's happening with this Brextulip nonsense?
        We're being accused of treason by a former UKIP MEP who jumped ship to the Tories: Conservative Brexiteer MEP wants British people with "EU loyalty" to be tried for treason - Business Insider

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Lol, if the DUP said it was raining I’d check outside to be certain.

They’re fixated on whether the EU (Ireland) would impose a border, and don’t bother to think whether or not the U.K. will also be required to patrol a border if there is no deal.
          You wouldn't be suggesting that the EU are imposing a border on RoI?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Very refreshing break, although God, isn't western Europe hot!
            So what's happening with this Brexshit nonsense?

Time to walk away and take a refreshing dip in the bracing waters of WTO trade rules, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              The peas from my garden last night were very tasty I'll have you know.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                You wouldn't be suggesting that the EU are imposing a border on RoI?
                Nope.

I’m suggesting that if there is no deal between the EU and U.K., both sides will be forced to patrol a border. The rhetoric from the U.K. is that this will be an EU-imposed border, and avoids discussing the need for the U.K. to patrol that same border and complete their own checks on inbound goods.

If either side does not, then they leave themselves open to action from other countries under WTO rules on MFN.

Comment

Had to admit I laughed my head off when the 2 chuckle brothers resigned
                  Talk about rats ........
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                  X