• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customs Union Amendment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Manage your inner chimp who fears change and embrace the logical thinking human within who can see opportunities.
    Out of interest, what opportunities do you see?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The truth is nobody knows what will happen after what ever Brexit we have, unless you have some sort of device for seeing into the future. The Remainers have told use that given a hard Brexit all Aeroplanes in the UK would be grounded and unable to fly. George Osborne told us during the referendum campaign that if we voted for Brexit the UK would immediately be throw into economic chaos. It hasn't happened and I very much doubt it will whatever Brexit we end up with.
      Not really true, we do know what will happen under a hard (no deal at all, walk away) Brexit.

We will have no transition period (that is contingent upon the Withdrawal Agreement being signed).
      We will be unable to fly into EU airspace, and our aircraft will no longer carry valid air safety worthiness certificates.
      We will no longer be able to import radioactive isotopes for medical purposes
      We will no longer be a party to the 750-ish trade agreements, with no agreed rollover. There will be chaos and confusion over what tariffs to apply, who applies them, who checks them, etc. With most of our imports being landed in the EU27 first before being sent on they will not be sent on, because they will not have valid documentation.
      We will not be able to export to the EU quickly due to delays at our borders. Artics will back up the M20 within hours.

Your own government is stockpiling food and electricity generators.

This is what no deal, walk away, Brexit means. Legal constructs will simply cease to be valid, with nothing to replace them. A legal vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Not really true, we do know what will happen under a hard (no deal at all, walk away) Brexit.

We will have no transition period (that is contingent upon the Withdrawal Agreement being signed).
        We will be unable to fly into EU airspace, and our aircraft will no longer carry valid air safety worthiness certificates.
        We will no longer be a party to the 750-ish trade agreements, with no agreed rollover. There will be chaos and confusion over what tariffs to apply, who applies them, who checks them, etc. With most of our imports being landed in the EU27 first before being sent on they will not be sent on, because they will not have valid documentation.
        We will not be able to export to the EU quickly due to delays at our borders. Artics will back up the M20 within hours.

This is what no deal, walk away, Brexit means. Legal constructs will simply cease to be valid, with nothing to replace them. A legal vacuum.
        Then the EU invade to restore order. The UK becomes the Gaza Strip of Europe.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm sorry but the CAA issue air worthiness certificates in the UK. Always have and always will do. So our aircraft will be able to fly. ICAO, an international organisation govern air safety world wide. They have nothing what so ever to do with the EU. The EU has no jurisdiction over ICAO. To state that any aeroplane in the UK won't be able to fly because they won't have valid air worthiness certificates is total b*ll*cks. I have worked in the air Traffic industry I know what gives who and who governs what in that industry. The only issue we may have with flying anywhere is the annual strikes that the French ATC have, and that affects everyone - except transatlantic traffic.

You talk about our exports but do not mention the trade deficit we have with the EU, i.e. they import more to us than we export to them. So surely if we have lorries backed up on the M20 they will have to turn Calais into the worlds biggest lorry park. It's simply not going to happen.

Define landed in the EU. Most overseas goods go via sea. Just because a ship stops enroute at another port does not necessarily mean that all those goods loaded on-board that ship have to 'landed' in that port. If they don't leave the ship then they don't land. A ship does not get totally unloaded at any port it dock with. I see it happen at Felixstowe. Ships are only partially unloaded and then topped up with other cargo related to their onward journey.

Just where is the government stockpiling all this food and electricity generators. What about gas? why aren't they stockpiling that too? I do hope that none of that food they are stockpiling is perishable. I don't want to be eating food past its sell by date.

Project FEAR

Comment

Project FEAR
            So much fail here, I really can’t be bothered any more.

If we do crash out with no deal, good luck.

Comment

I'm sorry but the CAA issue air worthiness certificates in the UK. Always have and always will do. So our aircraft will be able to fly. ICAO, an international organisation govern air safety world wide. They have nothing what so ever to do with the EU. The EU has no jurisdiction over ICAO. To state that any aeroplane in the UK won't be able to fly because they won't have valid air worthiness certificates is total b*ll*cks. I have worked in the air Traffic industry I know what gives who and who governs what in that industry. The only issue we may have with flying anywhere is the annual strikes that the French ATC have, and that affects everyone - except transatlantic traffic.

Project NOCLUE
              EU exit | UK Civil Aviation Authority
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So much fail here, I really can’t be bothered any more.

If we do crash out with no deal, good luck.
                The UK will crash out with no deal. Can you see any other outcome?

Theresa "Neville" May just tries to appease everyone.

Comment

But this will only happen if people stop being negative about what is about to happen and embrace the change.
                  So, the problem as you see it is that people are being negative because they don't know what is about to happen and it's their fault.

Tells us all exactly what it is that is about to happen and why it is something to be embraced. If people knew what is about to happen, then maybe they could decide whether it is a change to be embraced or not.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Yorkie, if you look at Meridian's post he didn't say that one was because of the other. No, he was pointing out two separate issues.
                    As for UK planes being unable to fly into EU airspace, it also applies that flights from the UK to the US would be grounded too.
                    Read up on the Open Skies agreement.

Britain will fall out of the EU-US open skies deal the day after Brexit, meaning flights between America and the UK would be grounded unless an agreement is reached.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Britain will fall out of the EU-US open skies deal the day after Brexit, meaning flights between America and the UK would be grounded unless an agreement is reached.
                      Oh, I should have put this last bit in quotation marks, it's from the Anti-Brexit, pro-remain, EU-loving... Daily Telegraph.

Comment

Working...
                      X