• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK rebuffed over Galileo sat-nav procurement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it is not possible to remove technology, research, trade and all those other things beneficial to a country from the freeloading politicians who use those very benefits to feather their own nest?

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I don't think Brexiteers realise that 'Brexit means Brexit' also means 'Leave means Leave'
      You forget that Britain holds all the cards and can have its cake and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So it is not possible to remove technology, research, trade and all those other things beneficial to a country from the freeloading politicians who use those very benefits to feather their own nest?

Oh well.
        High Old Greg

It's a good effort but too thick to be believable, tone it down a bit.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh well.
          Of course it is, when the politicians stop sulking!

New commercial agreements will be negotiated, older ones renewed.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            High Old Greg

:yawn:

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Of course it is, when the politicians stop sulking!
            is that likely to happen?

As likely as assguru making some sense at some point I imagine.

Comment

High Old Greg

I'm not that high.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                The UK doesn't need this EUSSR satellite crap. Glue some ZX81s onto Sinclair C5s, network the from Bletchley Park, fly them into orbit on Spitfires, and home in time for macaroons and lashings of lemonade. Hurrah!
                I commend your innovative use of legacy technologies to circumvent the EUnimatrix, but costs would likely spiral to at least £4,300 per UK household. Spitfires are noisy, and we’d need to budget for comfort blankets, dribble bibs and warm milk, in order to sooth the most delicate 48% among us. Alternatively, we could subcontract the launch to Brandenburg Airport, offsetting costs with the interest accrued from one of Ireland’s bailout loans.

Comment

High Old Greg
                  That’s an exceptionally imaginative use of the homonym to illustrate your inner cretin.

Comment

As likely as assguru making some sense at some point I imagine.
                    Which part of "...thick Brexiters who voted to become a "3rd country" complain when they are treated as such..." are you struggling to understand?
                    I'm hoping for a hard Brexit, I know you are too .
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      That’s an exceptionally imaginative use of the homonym to illustrate your inner cretin.
                      I'm glad you like it.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X