• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK rebuffed over Galileo sat-nav procurement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    That’s an exceptionally imaginative use of the homonym to illustrate your inner cretin.
    Ironically, it's actually a homophone.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      So it is not possible to remove technology, research, trade and all those other things beneficial to a country from the freeloading politicians who use those very benefits to feather their own nest?

Oh well.
      You voted for it, you tell us.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You voted for it, you tell us.
        We as that is a man made rule and not a law of physics then yes of course we can remove politicians from many different areas of life.

Unfortunately it is the politicians who make the rules.

Do not constrain yourself with thoughts of what we currently do and how difficult it will be to change - that is exactly what they want of the sheeple.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Let me get this straight....
          A very good post indeed. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Do not constrain yourself with thoughts of what we currently do and how difficult it will be to change - that is exactly what they want of the sheeple.
            It's easy to change - the UK leaves the EU and UK scientists, designers and developers are no longer involved in working on the GPS satellite system. That's easy that's what the original post was letting us know.

What would also be easy to change would be the idea of a hard Brexit, and the UK actually negotiating to stay in certain organisations.

...but that would require hardline Brexiters to change, and we know that is difficult. Leave means leave, Brexit means Brexit, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Ironically, it's actually a homophone.
              A homophone is a homonym you utter cretin

Comment

A homophone is a homonym you utter cretin
                I was being more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Death by a thousand paper cuts - that's what it feels like..

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44474569
                  Oh dear, all our sat-navs will stop working. At least the roads should be quieter...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I was being more specific.
                    More specifically cretinous.

Comment

More specifically cretinous.
                      Well really I was being more accurate, drawing on my education in linguistics. A homophone is not strictly a type of homonym, but 'homonym' is sometimes used more sloppily in the way you did (and this is often reflected in dictionaries, so I will forgive you your limited education).

Comment

Working...
                      X