• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK rebuffed over Galileo sat-nav procurement"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Instead we’ve got May as PM, BoJo at the FO and Davies negotiating.

And we can watch everything going wrong in slow motion.
    Good point. Although if the alternative involves Diane Abbott or Comrade Corbyn in any way, a trip to Dignitas loses its sting...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    I assume you mean we could have had a situation with Suity as PM, MF in charge of procurement, and Sas running the testing. What could possibly go wrong?
    Instead we’ve got May as PM, BoJo at the FO and Davies negotiating.

And we can watch everything going wrong in slow motion.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Apart from the contracts, the systems, the R&D, the jobs and the money, yes, bugger all.
    I assume you mean we could have had a situation with Suity as PM, MF in charge of procurement, and Sas running the testing. What could possibly go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Why, did you shag any munters whilst you were there?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Bless, I'm touched that you felt it necessary to validate your opinion. Shame it was validated incorrectly.

On a lighter note, though, when? We might've been there at the same time (Ph.D. for me, post-docs elsewhere).
    Why, did you shag any munters whilst you were there?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Neither was I, but that's fine if you want to continue the boring to and fro.
    fine
    Homonym. Can mean "OK", "small" or "penalty charge"

boring
    Homonym. Can mean "dull" or "drilling"

to
    Homophone with "too" and "two"

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    She wasn't at Anglia Ruskin like you.

You continue to be wrong on the linguistics front, but only to be expected.
    Neither was I, but that's fine if you want to continue the boring to and fro.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Bless, I'm touched that you felt it necessary to validate your opinion. Shame it was validated incorrectly.

On a lighter note, though, when? We might've been there at the same time (Ph.D. for me, post-docs elsewhere).
    She wasn't at Anglia Ruskin like you.

You continue to be wrong on the linguistics front, but only to be expected.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I did confirm with Mrs OG who did her post-doc in neurolinguistics at Cambridge.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    But enough about your IQ....
    Oh Sas, you can do better than that, surely?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I blame myself for forgetting that some people are becoming old and senile and are liable to forget aspects of their chosen degree, or perhaps misunderstood them originally.
    I did confirm with Mrs OG who did her post-doc in neurolinguistics at Cambridge.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    One of the reasons that the EU went ahead with Galileo is that the current GPS is actually run by the US Department of Defense and they can restrict it or turn it off any time (which they have in fact done previously.) This way Europe, well EU countries, are no longer reliant on a system which could easily be stopped by a President who believes that everyone is out to get him. A ramping up of the trade war between Europe and the US could see a return of husbands and wives arguing over the latest AA guide...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    So technically, if the EU stop us using their shiny new system, we've actually lost the square root of bugger all?
    Pedantically, no-one is using it at the moment so the really the EU are just saying the UK can't use it once it is available. In fact they're not even saying that as the UK can use it, they'll just be restricted in their use of it and will be treated like a 3rd party

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    ...It allows us to locate the nearest aqueduct, helps us find the nearest toilet, or directions along roads, where you can go to buy a hose, the nearest pharmacy, or school or hospital. Oh yeah, and finding a vineyard or a swimming pool. And if you get lost, you can find your way along streets...
    It would have been ideal for locating food banks and lorry parks.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Yes, but apart from contracts, systems, R&D, jobs and money, what did Galileo ever do for us ?
    ...It allows us to locate the nearest aqueduct, helps us find the nearest toilet, or directions along roads, where you can go to buy a hose, the nearest pharmacy, or school or hospital. Oh yeah, and finding a vineyard or a swimming pool. And if you get lost, you can find your way along streets...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X