• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Highly Skilled Immigrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Good grief all that blurb and not one mention of highly-paid people, tax-take, etc.....

Also, something to think on;
    LinkedIn only has profiles for 74% of the employed workforce (and that assumes genuine, 1 per person and not spam/scammers).
    So it doesn't have a complete picture.

LinkedIn also obtained 'insight' from a collection of pimps.
    Pimps aren't always used for hiring people.

So, still waiting for the evidence behind the assertions (which I assume you now agree with, since you've picked up the baton from spas?)
    So you're saying unless the information is spoon fed to you, you can't make your own conclusions based on the data and evidence supplied. Seems you're well matched with your fellow Brexit voters. Maybe if Sas and Darm had painted this on the side of a bus you'd understand it better.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      So you're saying unless the information is spoon fed to you, you can't make your own conclusions based on the data and evidence supplied. Seems you're well matched with your fellow Brexit voters. Maybe if Sas and Darm had painted this on the side of a bus you'd understand it better.
      Having no qualifications is apparently the best indicator of voting Brexit.
      Bean is the sort of obviously poorly educated dumbkopf who still thinks Brexit will have no bad effects whatsoever.

Brexiter "thinking" has gone from

We hold all the cards (Wrong!) -> the EU are being horrible (defending their interests after we said were leaving, more like) -> Never mind we can deal with the rest of the world (Not so easily and would help if we had something to trade) -> it may turn out alright in the end (it won't).

It's great entertainment from t'other side of the channel.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

My experience is based on a company that I founded 14 years ago and that went from 0 to around 25 full time high tech jobs based here.

What is your experience based on - articles in The Daily Express?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          My experience is based on a company that I founded 14 years ago and that went from 0 to around 25 full time high tech jobs based here.

I wouldn't bother with Bean. He's given enough evidence of being an "Idiot Savant" - without the savant bit. Obviously on the spectrum, as well.

You're a nutter for staying in the UK. And in Brum of all places
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            In our own experience academia already hit big time - we struggled to find candidate for a research project part funded by Govt, took 9 months almost max allowed period of time.

So just to summarise, you have 25 employees out of 32.26 million people employed (0.000077%).
            You almost failed to hire 1 (0.0000031%), yes ONE person within 9 months and claim therefore, that "academia already hit big time"

As to the article, all it suggests is that hiring has not had MoM growth, not that there is no hiring whatsoever.
            In addition, there is nothing to suggest, that highly-paid workers are going to leave to the extent public services and tax-take are crippled - as per the original assertion by spasguru.

So, back to not holding my breath.
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              No, I'm saying the information doesn't support the wild assertions made.

HTH
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I wouldn't bother with Bean. He's given enough evidence of being an "Idiot Savant" - without the savant bit. Obviously on the spectrum, as well.
                You're a nutter for staying in the UK. And in Brum of all places

Having no qualifications is apparently the best indicator of voting Brexit.
                Bean is the sort of obviously poorly educated dumbkopf who still thinks Brexit will have no bad effects whatsoever.
                Nothing but ad-hominem, thanks, but your assertions are still unsubstantiated.

PS. I've never said the following;
                "Brexit will have no bad effects whatsoever."
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                X