• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Revolt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Yeah, and they’re still more credible than Labour. How fecking sad is that.
    Well they're not actually because Labour aren't in power so it doesn't really matter what they say. At the moment it matters what you do and the Tories are just, well, absolutely useless it seems. Until, if, or when, Labour are in power then you can discount them...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      ...The sooner the Houses of Parliament are run by AI doing exactly what the people vote for the sooner we'll have a true democracy.
      An AI? Sure about that?

https://qz.com/1188170/google-photos...his-ski-photo/
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

That just proves that current AI is being manipulated to ensure it doesn't get intelligent enough to overthrow its creators.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Well they're not actually because Labour aren't in power so it doesn't really matter what they say. At the moment it matters what you do and the Tories are just, well, absolutely useless it seems. Until, if, or when, Labour are in power then you can discount them...
          Your argument seems to be that voting in a gov't is a complete crapshoot, because you cannot judge anything they've said in opposition.

Oh, I'm sure John-lynch-all-women-with-whom-he-disagrees-Mcdonnell would oversee a seamless transition in our "failed" capitalist economy.

Give me a fecking break. Corbyn is a "nice man", but Labour can be discounted on the basis of pretty much everything their leadership has advocated, which is itself a pale imitation of what they'd actually do.

To be a competent gov't, you need to be a competent opposition, obviously. Where's the evidence of that?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            To be a competent gov't, you need to be a competent opposition, obviously. Where's the evidence of that?
            So basically you're backing me up, The Tories are tulip because they have no opposition? However, I think they do have some opposition which explains why they've reversed a number of their policies or just taken Labour ones, dressed them up and used them.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              So basically you're backing me up, The Tories are tulip because they have no opposition? However, I think they do have some opposition which explains why they've reversed a number of their policies or just taken Labour ones, dressed them up and used them.
              No, I'm saying the exact opposite of what you're saying. You're saying that it doesn't matter what Labour say in opposition. I'm saying that it does, when judging them as a potential gov't. Labour are tulip in opposition and they would be even more tulip in gov't. Opposition is a cakewalk compared to gov't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                JRM is a fossil. How can he even have children? Must be from an arranged marriage surely, no normal person could have voluntarily sex with him.
                It also surprises me that people vote for him. How thick as mince must you be to think you has your best interest, as his constituent, to heart? As self serving a prig as you could ever get.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  How thick as mince must you be to think you has your best interest, as his constituent, to heart?
                  Fook sake! You've started early.

Is it Buy One get Four Free at your local scrumpy farm?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The sooner they split into the Conservative Party and UKIP, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      The sooner they split into the Conservative Party and UKIP, the better.
                      Or, rather, the Conservative Party, UKIP, and the Liberal Democrats.

Comment

Working...
                      X