• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sound familiar ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound familiar ?

Nigel Farage calls for second referendum to shut Bremoaners up once and for all

ha

I imagine up until election day the polls will be in their favour.

I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Nigel Farage calls for second referendum to shut Bremoaners up once and for all

ha

I imagine up until election day the polls will be in their favour.

The Prime Minister responded to Mr Farage’s comments, insisting a second vote would be a betrayal of voters and weaken her position at the Brexit negotiations.
    Yes, that’s right, because
    a. Democracy is a one-time activity. In fact, we should stop all general elections, because this would also be a betrayal of what the electorate voted for the last time. The U.K. is a plebiscite-based government and must do what the voters say at all times, regardless of consequences. If it fails, then it’s the voter’s fault.

b. The final EU position needs to be ratified by its members (through voting). Clearly, the EU position has been weakened by knowing this through their negotiations so far.

Comment

I thought remoaners have consistently said that polls show a majority in favour to remain if a second ref was called?
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I thought remoaners have consistently said that polls show a majority in favour to remain if a second ref was called?
        That's why a referendum should be called, to shut them up once and for all and solve the EU debate for at least a generation.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          That's why a referendum should be called, to shut them up once and for all and solve the EU debate for at least a generation.
          Personally I think a second ref would get a remain win.

But Farage seems to think different.

Comment

Not sure about that - a lot of remainers have seen the truth of how the EU acts when it does not get it own way

and many have not been impressed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Not sure about that - a lot of remainers have seen the truth of how the EU acts when it does not get it own way

That’s true.

Comment

Sound familiar ?

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                That’s true.
                Is it?

What have the EU done? Sent an army in? Threatened sanctions? Taken a case to the ECJ? Blockaded ports?

All they’ve done so far is laid out their position clearly. They’ve stated the terms on which they are prepared to deal with a future third party (no differently to how they would deal with the USA, Canada, China).

The fact that the UK wants more for less is not the EU’s problem. Brexit means Brexit. It’s just a pity that pre-referendum, Brexit meant unicorns.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Is it?

What have the EU done? Sent an army in? Threatened sanctions? Taken a case to the ECJ? Blockaded ports?

All they’ve done so far is laid out their position clearly. They’ve stated the terms on which they are prepared to deal with a future third party (no differently to how they would deal with the USA, Canada, China).

The fact that the UK wants more for less is not the EU’s problem. Brexit means Brexit. It’s just a pity that pre-referendum, Brexit meant unicorns.
                  Talking to some expat friends - currently living in Belgium - yes. They certainly think the EU and Barnier have been behaving like bullies. They said it - not me - and I’m the leave voter.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Absolutely lets call them out in a second referendum.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X