• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ultra Remainers gloat over Brexit breakdown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Remainers gloat over Brexit breakdown

Europe GLOATS over Brexit breakdown as officials claim leaving EU will break UK apart

Oh dear
    I'm alright Jack

The EUSSR should remember that the UK holds all the cards.

Comment

But we were promised that Brexit will bring back the glory of the British Empire and we would be the centre of World Trade.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Gloats is perhaps a tad strong. I'm in Germany at the moment, Brexit is hardly mentioned. If it is, the reaction is usually shock at the self-harm the UK is putting itself through.

Maybe they just don't have the imagination to envisage that land of unicorns and sparkles that we're heading to, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          But we were promised that Brexit will bring back the glory of the British Empire and we would be the centre of World Trade.
          And when 99% of the UK population lived in abject poverty......

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            Gloats is perhaps a tad strong. I'm in Germany at the moment, Brexit is hardly mentioned.
            If it comes up where I am, in a non-EU European country, they often change the subject to spare me embarrassment. But the usual view is one of disbelief that a country could be sofa kingdom.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              If it comes up where I am, in a non-EU European country, they often change the subject to spare me embarrassment. But the usual view is one of disbelief that a country could be sofa kingdom.
              Who cares what the Germans think. Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Who cares what the Germans think. Move on.
                Don't mention zee war
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Gloats is perhaps a tad strong. I'm in Germany at the moment, Brexit is hardly mentioned. If it is, the reaction is usually shock at the self-harm the UK is putting itself through.

Maybe they just don't have the imagination to envisage that land of unicorns and sparkles that we're heading to, though.
                  In an abusive relationship where you continually get less out than you put in the braver thing to do is walk away and not continue to suffer the abuse.

But then I guess you have already been 'bought' and cannot see the abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    In an abusive relationship where you continually get less out than you put in the braver thing to do is walk away and not continue to suffer the abuse.

But then I guess you have already been 'bought' and cannot see the abuse.
                    Wow. I'm not sure what to say to that.

Abuse? You really see it that way?

I put in more financially to my family than my wife and kids do, but I don't see that as abuse. I pay Council Tax and other taxes for schools, roads, police, that I might or might not use but I don't see that as abuse. I make donations to charities to help out others less fortunate but I don't see that as abuse.

In the EU we're working in partnership with 27 other nations to better each other. We've helped to improve roads (and therefore supply chains) in Spain, Ireland, and CEE countries. We've helped to draft and implement directives to make working conditions better, beaches better, the environment better.

The EU as an institution isn't perfect by any means, but abuse? Can you provide any examples of this, to help my clarity?

Comment

Working...
                    X