• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May off to Europe today to beg Europe for a deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I have to say, that's the thickest post I've ever read on this forum, and there's a lot of competition....
    Worse than the other one who said that British invented the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Given that the demographics of Brexit are the old and poorly educated, I suppose the 1st Zimmer Frame Division will lead the assault?
      Or perhaps Corporal Bhoy could lead the crack Mobility Scooter Armoured Corps.
      Well I am pretty sure it won't be the hipsters and snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Non of these would be punishments but more a treat
        You have a very strange idea of "treats". There are places you can go to enjoy them though; 27 of them, currently. In the meantime, we'd prefer not to, and have exercised our democratic right to that effect, so if you'd kindly close the door behind you...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I have to say, that's the thickest post I've ever read on this forum, and there's a lot of competition....
          Pretty close. Have you checked out this?

cocksniffer general

Comment

Besides the fact it shows how brainless you are (how can an invention be British? Most things aren't invented by a country, but by a consortium, company or person) I hope your brain-cell realises that they would do the same in reverse.

Oh yes a few % points, like the 300% the US is now imposing on Bombardier for example?
            Well you have an odd idea of how patents are registered and enforced then (for the dim witted it's an international treaty). Just for the record patent infringements are usually considered acts of war.

You mean the Canadian company that the US (via Boeing) accuses of being subsidised? Like say BMW, Audi, Mercedes, French farming, Spanish fishing etc,etc?

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
              Just for the record patent infringements are usually considered acts of war.
              Are you referring to all those wars against China and Russia (to name a few) we have waged for patent infringements?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well I am pretty sure it won't be the hipsters and snowflakes.
                What has Trump to do with this?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

It's now pretty clear why the EU is panicking and have grovelled for May to come over to Brussels this week:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKBN1CL346

The Bank of England has said that a transition deal is needed by Christmas, given the time it takes to approve new licences for the continuation of cross-border banking after Brexit in March 2019.

If a political deal on transition is agreed between the EU and Britain, regulators would also need to give banks assurances that they would respect it when it comes to assessing risks, TheCityUK said.

The Bank of England has said it would decide by year-end whether London branches of EU banks must become subsidiaries if there is no transition deal in sight.
                  In other words the if there is no transition deal by Christmas the BOE will have to demand EU banks set up subsiduaries in the UK.

Which basically means any subsequent transition deal will be worthless to the UKEU at least for the service sector.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X